CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined. Looking forward to being part of this group.

Mine's got the white faring, white saddlebag covers, rear seatback. Had a custom windshield made from Cee Bailey's. It actually works! If any of you have the little 6 in. windshield or the tall windshield I think you'll find that they don't work! Buffeting like mad. Check out www.ceebaileys.com/cycle/ They actually used my bike for the prototype. The bike you see on the site is mine!

·
Banned
463 Posts
Hi Craig,
Welcome to the group.
I had contacted Cee Bailey a few weeks back since I had other bike windshields from them.
I was surprised to hear they had one ready for the CTX. Joe Duval sent me a pic, guess it was your bike and I put in on the forum.
At least nine people have bought the windshield so far. All seem to be very pleased, I know I am.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts

Mine's got the white faring, white saddlebag covers, rear seatback. Had a custom windshield made from Cee Bailey's. It actually works! If any of you have the little 6 in. windshield or the tall windshield I think you'll find that they don't work! Buffeting like mad. Check out www.ceebaileys.com/cycle/ They actually used my bike for the prototype. The bike you see on the site is mine!
welcome to the forum and great story about your bike. I hope they cut you a break on the price too (customary..lol). Their windshield seems to be holding up to the critics on this forum. Not that they are a hard lot to please but most are seasoned and know what they want.

Happy riding.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well I wish they would make one for the naked version and that it would be cheaper than the Madstad one

·
Registered
975 Posts

Welcome Craig.

Love the white CTX700. How did you get to be the test guy for the Cee Bailey?

Interested members have quite a bit of information about the Cee Bailey option already for the fairing model from a few other owners. You can go to that thread linked below and give your own detailed review as some are still deciding among the three choices we have so far beyond the short, stock screen. With respect to the fairing model, there is also a choice of a Madstad, model-specific screen for the CTX700 (with fairing) in addition to the Cee Bailey and OEM. I have the Madstad. It works very well also, but is a totally different approach from an engineering standpoint. The Madstad is more about correcting the problems with the short and tall Honda screens with less of a windshield than the Cee Bailey.

http://www.ctx700forum.com/forum/ct...m/3778-windscreens-fairing-model-options.html

·
Registered
83 Posts
I saw that you picked the 22 inch windshield, how tall are you? I am 5'6" and am trying to figure out which size to order.

Paul

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I saw that you picked the 22 inch windshield, how tall are you? I am 5'6" and am trying to figure out which size to order.

Paul
CeeBaileys web site has a fairly accurate estimation on what size of shield you need determined by your height. They also have an accurate way to measure it manually. The Top of the CeeBailey should reach the same height as between your mouth and nose while you are sitting in the riding position.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts

Paul
I would at least go 22, I am 5"7 normal inseam (29) and I look well over the 21. If it were for me i would maybe even go 23, but at least a 22.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts