CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of a red CTX700 last Saturday and have put about 85 miles on it in 2.5 days, love it - even took my wife for a ride today, she had never been on a bike before, and she really enjoyed it.

Got a good end of year deal from a local dealer and the Honda Finance incentive of 5 months no interest plus 1 extra year extended warranty was the icing on the cake.

Took the bike out on the freeway today and was thrilled. It reminded of the time I took my XL350 on a ride with a buddy of mine many years ago, he had just bought a new HD Roadster and we were cruising down I10 side by side at 65mph, he honks his horn and is handing me part of a candy bar - I look at his throttle and think to myself if I were to lift like that my bike would be doing 30mph by now, he was on my left so I took the candy bar, ate it and wished I had a bike that could do that. Well, today I lifted while doing 70mph and was really pleased when the CTX continued to lope along and didn't have to worry about being an ornament on someone's bumper. :D

Looking forward to riding, learning more about my bike, and chatting with you all.

Thanks,
BikerPop

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome. Sounds like you're having a blast with it!

·
Registered
842 Posts
"Honda Finance incentive of 5 months no interest" Hmmm... I wonder at the tricks they have up their sleeves.
I got five YEARS at 3.99%. Plus One year extended warranty. 6 years total warranty, 0 down, 180 per month [NDT version]

Ride Often, Ride Safe
f

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Honda Finance incentive of 5 months no interest" Hmmm... I wonder at the tricks they have up their sleeves.
I got five YEARS at 3.99%. Plus One year extended warranty. 6 years total warranty, 0 down, 180 per month [NDT version]

Ride Often, Ride Safe
f
This most recent incentive just came out the day after Christmas (at least that's when I noticed it) - a little trick is they give you six months deferred payments but only five months interest free. If I don't pay it off by the end of the 5th month it is a 36 month loan at 3.49% with no prepayment penalty.

Sounds like you got a really good deal, I had to pay $399 extra to get a full five years warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts