CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone, I live in Northern Mi, if anyone knows Mi, they know where I am. As of now, I ride a 750 aero but it seems big. Was looking at the new ctx700dct. Could anyone tell me the difference in size? It's the length that is giving me fits. Also, where is the rear break control on the Ctx.

Thank you in advance, and now going back to snoop around the forum

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
The Aero's wheel base is approx. 4" longer and curb weight is about 65Lbs. heavier. The seat height is about 3" shorter but the center of gravity is higher. The CTX will out handle the Aero on any given day and has a tighter turning radius.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, I also have a 250 big Ruckus which handles like a dream, I'm real comfortable on my Ruckus but very light in the wind. Any known handling comparison with Ctx 700nd

Again, this info is helping a lot. I know in northern Mi no dealer has gotten any bikes yet. What is the difference between 2013 and 2014 as advertised on Honda site, or are they the same bike?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Boy! we are currently riding the same model, looking to get the same model, joined the group hours apart and live one state apart. Your not my twin brother by any chance? Welcome!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, but I'm a girl. And I think I'm prettier than you, sorry hope I didn't hurt your feelings, lol. I have a son who lives in Florence Ky. Flys med helicopter for Cinncinnati hospital. Have you looked or sat on the Ctx yet? You ride a aero or Ruckus? Some people refer to the date as a 13 because they came out in summer of 13.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, my sister then. I currently ride a 2009 Aero 750 engine size. Have logged just over 13,000 miles over the last two riding seasons but at my age I am no longer looking to hone my skills at manual shifting and this new bike sounds real interesting. Didn't get a chance to ride it yet but plan to do so in late March or early April when the weather breaks around here. I did get to sit on one though and was impressed as it looks much better than some of the photos and the seat height is great. The bike does not feel intimidating at all. If you jumped directly from a Ruckus to the Aero it may have been just too big, particularly if it is one of the earlier models with larger engines.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
The CTX DCT version is the easiest motorcycle to ride sold today. Light, nimble, well balanced and fast enough but not over powering. Its fun to ride without being over tiring and is the perfect commuter with the ability to handle long distant riding. Be sure and check out all the threads on the forum before making a decision if you haven't already. Buy the fairing model if you plan to add saddlebags or ride in all weather. A wind screen will go a long way in riding comfort and there are a number of them discussed on the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the great info. Another concern is the chain drive, I have a mile of ride on a gravel road, what is the opinion on this, my husband has a silverwing which is belt as is big ruckus. The only dealer I that has any CTX is 2 hrs away, as soon as the weather breaks, we have over 130 inches of snow and cold, anyway the dealer said Honda is coming out with a 500ctx, but not with auto

1 - 10 of 10 Posts