CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the community 38 seconds ago. New member and I'm not even officially a rider yet.
I found this forum after lots of online research about the CTX700.
I'm 37 years old, new to motorcycles, and I really think this will be the bike I select for my first ride.

·
Registered
759 Posts
AS you are interested in the CTX, you eligible to be here same as the rest of us, with or without one. Welcome. As you are new to motorcyles, do you ride or have your riden in the past? In either case, taking a MSF course is a great option. You will learn to ride properly and safely and with lots of good tips thrown in. Depending on the course and insurance providers, you may get a break on coverage rates. Lots of people here with varying backgrounds, including many with extensive technical, mechanical and electrical backgrounds as well as those who have tried most of the options possible for the bike. You will also get some greetings with additional tips, including how to revise your profile to show where you hail from. Glad to have you on board.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate that recommendation! I am signed up to take the class. Sadly, I couldn't get in before JULY. I'm getting anxious.
I have very little previous experience in a motorcycle. This will be a new adventure for me.
I'm starting from the very beginning. Now it's time to find some great safety gear and start studying the rules of the road.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Some training videos you may enjoy watching and learning from; Ride like a Pro, MC Rider maybe even Dan Dan the Fireman. There are many others, if you find some you like to watch it could help you with the MSF course, learn some of the lingo and cover things that will be new to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum. Some training videos you may enjoy watching and learning from; Ride like a Pro, MC Rider maybe even Dan Dan the Fireman. There are many others, if you find some you like to watch it could help you with the MSF course, learn some of the lingo and cover things that will be new to you.
Thank you!!
I'll check those out. Any information is helpful at this point.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome! Patience, Practice, Perseverance & Professional training (not necessarily in that order), may awaken a lifetime Passion for two wheeled travel. Of course there is an elevated risk of injury to motorcycling...but to those of us who are "hooked", we accept that and manage it as best we can. Education and common sense are invaluable...as is a constant desire to improve one's ability and live to ride another Glorious day.(y)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I too highly recommend an MSF course they are awesome. Might be a good idea to try a regular clutch transmission motorcycle to get the basics down before trying a DCT option. Some advise to consider when selecting a bike, ask yourself the type of riding you’ll be doing. The CTX is a comfortable sports cruiser. Capable of carving canyons or doing some light touring or commuting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts