CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. :) I'm new to this site. I thought I better Introduce myself before I start posting comments. I'm a farmer from Northwest Iowa and after a 30yr break in riding, I bought a bike last year. Not many crazy twisty roads around here, but my wife and I enjoy riding when ever we can.
Last August, I bought a CTX 700n for my wife to ride. She loves it, but she is still learning to ride and is gaining confidence. When I'm not riding my HD RK, I ride this bike. I think the bike is extremely fun to ride around town. I'm not a fan of the wind buffeting my helmet, so I am looking for better windscreen for it. Looks like a popular subject around here.

Fred

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello Everyone. :) I'm new to this site. I thought I better Introduce myself before I start posting comments. I'm a farmer from Northwest Iowa and after a 30yr break in riding, I bought a bike last year. Not many crazy twisty roads around here, but my wife and I enjoy riding when ever we can.
Last August, I bought a CTX 700n for my wife to ride. She loves it, but she is still learning to ride and is gaining confidence. When I'm not riding my HD RK, I ride this bike. I think the bike is extremely fun to ride around town. I'm not a fan of the wind buffeting my helmet, so I am looking for better windscreen for it. Looks like a popular subject around here.

Fred
Where at in northwest Iowa? I've been in Le Mars, IA working at BoDeans bakery. Beautiful country!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where at in northwest Iowa? I've been in Le Mars, IA working at BoDeans bakery. Beautiful country!

The town is called Marathon which is 75 miles East of Le Mars. It's 26.2 miles from Storm Lake, so every year we (the town) host an annual event called a Marathon to Marathon. It's Certified and Sanctioned so it's a qualifier for the Boston Marathon. :)

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Welcome to the forum Fred. Yes windshields are a hot topic. Search and read. got to help you figure out what to get.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Welcome.

John Deere was a favorite client of mine, and I have been all over the place at all their facilities. The corn stretching for miles in any direction, and those straight as an arrow roads will make for interesting planning. You will love the CTX. At 68, it is hands down the most comfortable bike I have ever been on.

Ride Often, Ride Safe
f

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the site from a Cedar Rapids rider. When I bought my CTX, Storm Lake Honda was the only dealer that had these bikes, so I made the trip. It was a nice ride over to western Iowa.

-- Patefermente

1 - 10 of 10 Posts