CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at the CTX for a short while and it looks perfect for me.

I currently ride an '09 Rebel and would like to upsize since the wife informed me she'd like to go riding with me.

I've owned large bikes in the past and have no desire to own another one, the CTX while larger than a Rebel, it isn't an overly large bike. I've sat on one and IMO it feels smaller than it looks since the weight is down so low. Looks like I be waiting until spring to actually buy one but I've enjoyed reading and learning from all the posts here.

Reactions: Kirstenparks

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome. Do you own a Firehawk?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. Do you own a Firehawk?
I saw and responded to your message but will post here too. If you're talking about a Pontiac Firehawk, no I do not. I am an avid deer hunter and use a Thompson/Center .50 cal Firehawk muzzleloader during muzzleloader season.

·
Registered
433 Posts
OK, gotcha. Yes I was talking Pontiac, and thought" what a small world" as I have one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, gotcha. Yes I was talking Pontiac, and thought" what a small world" as I have one.
I did own a 1973 Formula though...:rolleyes: MANY years ago.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Welcome to the forum firehawk. There are real success stories here with riders stepping up to larger bikes or from scooters. Keep that Rebel for your wife and get the CTX for you. They you will have more fun going riding together. If no experience, get her in school. Ya never know, she may really dig having her own ride. You might just end up the your Rebel again...lol

·
Registered
975 Posts
Plus 1 with what Bill is stating!

If you've got the space and are a person who can tolerate owning a second ride, or if, like he says, you can talk the spouse into beginning to ride, I'd certainly keep it.

The used bike market is very soft right now. You should see what sellers are offering on websites like Craigslist for one and two year old bikes that should be bringing much more than they are selling them for. If you're trying to sell, and you've done a good job of keeping that vehicle in prestine shape, it's depressing trying to sell in the private market and even worse when you nearly have to give it away in a trade. I recently took delivery on a CTX700 and got a great deal, but I don't have the space or any use for two powered two wheelers. I was trying to sell a ten-month old $5700 scooter for $4,000 and had just a few inquiries in three months. I finally let the dealer have it for $3500, which was the highest trade offer I could get.

So If I were you, and you think you could still put it to some use after getting a new bike, I'd keep it, or at least be willing to not go below a certain sell price with the realization that it might not sell or sell fast at that price you're willing to sell it for.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum firehawk. There are real success stories here with riders stepping up to larger bikes or from scooters. Keep that Rebel for your wife and get the CTX for you. They you will have more fun going riding together. If no experience, get her in school. Ya never know, she may really dig having her own ride. You might just end up the your Rebel again...lol
I honestly was shocked when my wife said "you need a bigger bike so I could go with you". She's always tight with money. As far as her riding her own bike, not so sure of that she seems rather hesitant about it. She would take the motorcycle safety course before I would let her ride anywhere.

I'd really like to keep the Rebel as it is in perfect condition (I'm anal):rolleyes: The 85 mpg is nice too. I put 180 miles on it yesterday cruising the southwest part of Indiana. People that don't own Rebel's don't understand that they are a very capable motorcycle (within reason). It will cruise at 60-65 mph all day long, as I do it all the time.

Now if Honda would just sell the CTX in the blue glint metallic...:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Picking up mine today

I'm picking up my like new CTX700N from Falcone Powersports today. Hopefully the weather clears up soon :) I've never seen another CTX on the road here in Indianapolis, granted it's still winter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts