CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum and wanted to say hello. I currently ride a CB500X and love it, (4000+ miles since July) but everytime I'm at the Honda shop I can't keep from sitting on the new CTX700. I have not got to test ride one yet, hope to this coming week when I have my 500 in for service.
I have done a couple of 500+ mile rides on my 500X and seem to be fairly comfortable at the end, only a little saddle sore. My question to all the CTX owners out there is: How does this bike do on long rides?
When just sitting on it in the showroom I feel like I am sitting at home on my sofa, nice and comfy. I know its two different riding positions, but I have never had a cruiser so I did not know how that position is on longer rides. Thanks for any advice!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
My wife and i have taken some longish trips here in AZ; about 200 miles one way. Very comfortable, indeed. A rest stop timed with gas fillup works just fine.

Enjoy the bike.

Ride Often, Ride Safe
f

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
If you do well on the 500X, you will do just fine on the CTX. Cruisers are made for the long hall. The forward riding position takes a little bit of getting used to at first but after a few trips it becomes second nature. Most people who own this bike love the thing.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I can make it about an 1 1/2 before wanting to stop. The forward position doesn't bother me much and I do have some minor lower back issues. Alot of riders don't like that one can't lift oneself off the seat from the cruiser position going over tracks, etc., but I've found that if I just scoot up forward a little and put a little pressure on the bottom of my feet against the pegs temporarily on rough patches, this bike will absorb the bumps pretty well. I'm a light weight, so I'm sure that helps as well. When a bump surprises me and I'm leaning back, that's when I get a jolt, but this is probably true on most bikes under $15K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts