CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install a set of heated handgrips on my CTX700. I looked at the Koso Apollo grips but the stock handgrips are only 4 5/8” long and the company said I can not cut the Apollo grip to fit?
Which handgrips do you recommend and did you have to shorten them?

·
Registered
2014 CTX700N DCT
40 Posts
I would like to install a set of heated handgrips on my CTX700. I looked at the Koso Apollo grips but the stock handgrips are only 4 5/8” long and the company said I can not cut the Apollo grip to fit?
Which handgrips do you recommend and did you have to shorten them?
You can just put the appalls on. They have end caps and the tube is rigid.

It will prevent most bar end weights from being attached however.

I have them on my bike, no issues.

You do need to grind down the edges on the throttle tube.

·
Registered
2014 CTX700N DCT
40 Posts
Thank you. Are you saying to chamfer the edge of the tube?
No, sorry, bad wording. There are ridges running the length of the throttle tube. You can't slide on the apple grips unless you sand them down.

I have read that some people os a razor and trim the that way, but a dremel or drill works fine and give extra tooth when you glue.

·
Registered
2014 CTX700N DCT
40 Posts
Oh! I haven’t seen a throttle tube like that before. Thank you, I appreciate the information.
I am glad to be able to help, I have gotten a lot of help on this site.

Also, on the left grip, definitely check the positioning before you glue, the wire can interfere with the 'down' paddle shifter, and the controls on the apollo need to be positioned comofrtably for you to use the horn and signals.

I am going to guess that is different for everyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for including pictures. It looks like you were able to use the stock bar-ends. My handgrips are 4 5/8” but the Apollo grips are 5 1/16” long and Koso said I would not be able to reuse the bar-ends as they advised against shortening the grips. Did you have to shorten the grips 3/8”?
it looks like you and I share a similar organization philosophy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you for including pictures. It looks like you were able to use the stock bar-ends. My handgrips are 4 5/8” but the Apollo grips are 5 1/16” long and Koso said I would not be able to reuse the bar-ends as they advised against shortening the grips. Did you have to shorten the grips 3/8”?
it looks like you and I share a similar organization philosophy.
No and I put the stock bar ends back on without any issue... As noted I did cut the plastic ridges down with an exacto I simply do not remember any issues installing them. I had previously added them to my Royal Enfield and am very satisfied with both installs.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T6IX42S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Bicycle tire

1 - 13 of 13 Posts