CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I'm considering getting heated grips, but I'm still kinda on the fence and would appreciate your input.

1: Are they worth it?
2: Do you think the heat from the grips will make leather gloves deteriorate faster?
3: Which ones did you get? I'm leaning towards the OEM ones since they have the switch integrated into the grip - most Oxfords don't have that, and I like my bike "clean".
4: Some have commented that cable routing can be tricky on the right hand side, especially on DCT models. The cable toward the grip can cover/obstruct the starter button a little bit. Is that true?
5: Are there newer OEM ones available? I mean, back in 2015 the product code was 08T50MGE000 (honda europe!). funny, for USA it was 08T71MGSA30. I also read that 08T71MGSA31 fit. Any ideas? Are product codes different between Honda USA and Honda Europe?Is there an "updated" design? Could OEM heated grips that fit the NC750 line fit the CTX as well?

Many thanks for all your input =)
Cheers,
Thomas

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Honda Heated Grips +100

Hello all!

I'm considering getting heated grips, but I'm still kinda on the fence and would appreciate your input.

1: Are they worth it?
2: Do you think the heat from the grips will make leather gloves deteriorate faster?
3: Which ones did you get? I'm leaning towards the OEM ones since they have the switch integrated into the grip - most Oxfords don't have that, and I like my bike "clean".
4: Some have commented that cable routing can be tricky on the right hand side, especially on DCT models. The cable toward the grip can cover/obstruct the starter button a little bit. Is that true?
5: Are there newer OEM ones available? I mean, back in 2015 the product code was 08T50MGE000 (honda europe!). funny, for USA it was 08T71MGSA30. I also read that 08T71MGSA31 fit. Any ideas? Are product codes different between Honda USA and Honda Europe?Is there an "updated" design? Could OEM heated grips that fit the NC750 line fit the CTX as well?

Many thanks for all your input =)
Cheers,
Thomas
I have had the Honda Heated grips on my CTX since 2014 when I bought the bike new from the dealer. They work extremely well in varied riding temps in New England. Installation is a little tricky so I had the dealer installed. The three different temp positions wok well and I even installed foam grips over them for grip comfort and the heat is still awesome. Worth every penny for comfort. I use leather gloves all the time with no deterioration. I even put a KAOKO throttle lock on by just trimming 2 MM of rubber at the very end of the heated grip and reused the silver ring that fell out as a perfect fitting shim. As for the current application, check with your Honda's dealer parts department.

Red Rider

·
Registered
96 Posts
check out
Koso Apollo Heated Grips 7/8" 120Mm Long
they also have a clean integrated switch on the grip.
they usually run $110.
The 120mm size will match the OEM grip size

Attachments

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I went with Oxfords when I did the installation last year and have been happy with them so far. They get plenty warm and I like that there are five temperature settings. I don't remember any real issues with the install. Removing the OEM grips took most of the time. Like Red Rider, I added foam grips afterwards.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
check out
Koso Apollo Heated Grips 7/8" 120Mm Long
they also have a clean integrated switch on the grip.
they usually run $110.
The 120mm size will match the OEM grip size
Thank you! I have run across them doing my "research".... Do you have experience with them? What are they like quality wise?

And thank you to all... I'll give my Honda dealer a call next chance I get ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I will let you know when I install them.
I bought them several weeks ago but haven't had a chance to install
I also got the Denali PowerHub2 Power Distribution Module. Im going to use the Hub for my Cyclops Pegasus running lights and the heated grips, and a battery tender.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put it off for years. Priced the OEM grips and they were more than I wanted to pay. I also looked at the reviews and didn't see anything great about them. I seen the oxford grips on revzilla loved the reviews and it was about $99. I like a clean bike too but I really like how everything looked when I was done. They were super easy to install. Most difficult part was running the wire from the battery to the lights without removing the tank. I have the fairing model so it would have been a pain. I am extremely happy with them and they get hot on the highest setting. Just remember they only warm the inside of your hands so if it's really cold out you may feel it on the outside of your hands unless you have warm gloves. I definitely recommend the oxfords

1 - 8 of 8 Posts