CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to get to the headlight connector? I'm going to install a headlight modulator.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Reach up under the headlight from below and in front. Feel around for the soft connector cover pull it back to expose the retainer spring clip thing then you can remove the bulb and bulb holder.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reach up under the headlight from below and in front. Feel around for the soft connector cover pull it back to expose the retainer spring clip thing then you can remove the bulb and bulb holder.
The gap is way too small for my hand. I can get fingers on the connector coming in from the right side between the fork and the "tank", but not enough to do any good. Anyone know how to remove the headlight assembly?

BTW, a service manual should arrive next week or so.

Reactions: fjones

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX700ND
29 Posts
Hi,
Are there any detailed "how to" videos to replace the headlight bulb? I'm not the most mechanically inclined, but, wanted to give it a shot. I looked in YouTube and could not find any.

Thank you all for your help.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Hi,
Are there any detailed "how to" videos to replace the headlight bulb? I'm not the most mechanically inclined, but, wanted to give it a shot. I looked in YouTube and could not find any.

Read the previous posts before you post,from ceetex it’s right above!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Complicated in faired model? no, it isnt. Just done it today, took some minutes, no more. Put your hand or hands under the nose fairing from front, between the suspenders. You feel the cubic connector in your fingers, just pull it off. Little stiff, but easily doable. Then pull out the rubber cover. There is an an half inch wide flange in it, use your fingers to find it, just pull from it and cover will be released. Now there is just the wire spring that holds the bulb. It is in the left hand side of bulb. Push the spring toward you/front of the bike and then upwards. Be carefull that the bulb doesnt fall and get broken. Put new one to the slot, wide flange upwards and do all in reversed order. Thats it.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Yeah. Worst part for me was getting my big hands in there to compress the bulb spring holder. Other than that it was easy.

Reactions: mdq636

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX700ND
29 Posts
Read the previous posts before you post,from ceetex it’s right above!
I did read the post above, it's pictures/diagrams. I get it. But, I requested if there are any videos out there.

Not appreciating the attitude. If I pissed you off don't respond back.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I did read the post above, it's pictures/diagrams. I get it. But, I requested if there are any videos out there.

Not appreciating the attitude. If I pissed you off don't respond back.
I doubt that was his intent. He was just pointing it out to you. Lets all put the attitude in check and keep it friendly.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Nope, my fault, didn’t comprehend he was looking for a video. I jumped the gun Thinking he was like the other thousands of people on forums that will not read the entire thread before they just ask again something thats already been written in the same thread. It happens on every forum in the world and as a mod and forum owner, it’s a pet peeve of mine. All part of the “instant gratification” that many seem to need these days and pollutes all boards.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX700ND
29 Posts
I doubt that was his intent. He was just pointing it out to you. Lets all put the attitude in check and keep it friendly.
I agree. I joined this board to learn and hopefully share some insights of my own. We all ride together, then, let's all respect that.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Hi,

This is for a Honda CB300. It ain't a CTX but maybe this will give you a general idea. I couldn't find anything CTX specific.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX700ND
29 Posts
Thanks for reaching out to me. I saw this one too, but, haven't had a chance to look at it. It's worth a shot. More importantly, I appreciate you trying to help.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
983 Posts
To get the spring undone you only need one finger. You probably tried that but if not I thought I would mention it. Also you can see the spring if you look from the front of the headlight in a small open hole on the right side of the reflextive part of the light . That is the throttle side of the bike. A good flashlight looking down from the handlebars will help to show how it is in there before you start feeling around with your fingers. Good luck. I had quite a time the first light I replaced but after that you get the drift and it is only a 5 or 10 minute job.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Complicated in faired model? no, it isnt. Just done it today, took some minutes, no more. Put your hand or hands under the nose fairing from front, between the suspenders. You feel the cubic connector in your fingers, just pull it off. Little stiff, but easily doable. Then pull out the rubber cover. There is an an half inch wide flange in it, use your fingers to find it, just pull from it and cover will be released. Now there is just the wire spring that holds the bulb. It is in the left hand side of bulb. Push the spring toward you/front of the bike and then upwards. Be carefull that the bulb doesnt fall and get broken. Put new one to the slot, wide flange upwards and do all in reversed order. Thats it.
This worked like a charm. Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts