CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I've been looking at the faring a while now and noticed there are a couple of sockets for a lightbulb to the side of the headlight. I'd changed the headlights out for an opt7 a month ago, but decided to add some extra lights in those sockets.

Here's the results...
They look great. I always liked the look of the front with the eyebrow lights. This was a popular mod early on and there are a number of threads here on the forum but we don't see it done very much any more. Its hard to mount bright LED's in the eyebrow spaces since there's very limited space due to the fairing supports directly behind the bulb sockets.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Mace, looks great!

I never even knew about this mod! Let me ask, why did you install the amber lights as opposed to more "headlight white"?

And what size bulbs did you use that fit so well?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
The good news is that as a result of the info here, I reached up on Der the headlight and found I could change this without pulling off the Tupperware. This is a good thing. Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ok so I decided I was going to add some bulbs in the these extra sockets but I don't see how they plug in? I did check the service manual and maybe I missed it but didn't see any plugs there either. Are these something that have to be spliced in? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Ok so I decided I was going to add some bulbs in the these extra sockets but I don't see how they plug in? I did check the service manual and maybe I missed it but didn't see any plugs there either. Are these something that have to be spliced in? Thanks.
You'd have to wire it in since there's no wiring for it aside from an aux socket.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I've been looking at the faring a while now and noticed there are a couple of sockets for a lightbulb to the side of the headlight. I'd changed the headlights out for an opt7 a month ago, but decided to add some extra lights in those sockets.

Here's the results...
What lights did you use?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks JH700CTX, that's what I was thinking but I'm not sure this is a mod worth doing since it's mainly for looks for me. I don't do much night driving so I think for the time being I'll pass on it. I did think it was strange though that Mace posted this then never came back to answer any of the questions people had. Thanks again. Rambox.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Thanks JH700CTX, that's what I was thinking but I'm not sure this is a mod worth doing since it's mainly for looks for me. I don't do much night driving so I think for the time being I'll pass on it. I did think it was strange though that Mace posted this then never came back to answer any of the questions people had. Thanks again. Rambox.
Everybody has different stuff going in their lives, i'd do it but only as turn signals so I could remove the stalks off the sides, replace them with relocated auxiliary turn signals. I already have driving lights but I ride in low visibility or night time frequently. In fact i'm about to set out for a trip to town, right now it's not only dark out but visibility is around 35 feet in some places.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Here's the results...

Here's the results...
Man the bike stands out and looks great please what were the parts used to make it happen

·
Registered
823 Posts
Man the bike stands out and looks great please what were the parts used to make it happen
Given Mace made the post in 2016 and they only made 2 posts to the forum, safe to say it is unlikely you will get the answers you are looking for.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did that mod almost a year ago, using these: Amazon.com: 4X Car LED Bulb Light Holder Base Socket T10 T15 W5W 194 168 High-Temperature Cable Adapter Harness Plug Connector T10: Car Electronics and these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077W9J1KV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I used a sharp knife to trim the lugs on the sides of the sockets to fit properly. I used the handgrip warmer plug behind the fairing for power, I believe it's a Sumitomo HV040, got mine from Motorcycle Terminals, Connectors, and Wiring Accessories.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts