CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the box, the back pad, the tail light kit, the GIVI specified 1133FZ rack (that uses the same bolt location as the grab handles and OEM rack), and the GIVI M5 mounting plate.

Alas, the rack arms are way too far apart for the M5 plate to mount.

I'm scratching my head -- did I do something fundamentally wrong mounting the rack arms -- or, there is a different plate that matches that rack, or an adaptor plate that goes between the rack and the mounting plate ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used the Givi E251 Monokey Topcase Universal Rack Adapter Plate To Fit Givi Monokey Case. Put this adapter on the Honda OEM Rack. I have the givi backrest on the mono givi v47 mono case. I have the Admore top case lighting kit

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
90 Posts
Could you both post pics of what you have? I went and picked up a laptop from my sister today, but it didn’t fit in the panniers, so I finally got to use the netting I bought a while back. I strapped the laptop to my back seat for the ride home!

·
Registered
56 Posts
My Givi mount had no issues. Do you have the right and left rack arms swapped? They should taper towards each other once mounted. I have the same setup with a smaller box.
Screenshot_20200711-082436.png

·
Registered
78 Posts
How far apart is "way too far apart"? I have the naked model bike, installed the 1131FZ brackets, and I reused an M5 plate for my old E52 case. The brackets didn't exactly line up with the holes on the M5 plate vertically or horizontally. When I emailed Givi, they said nah, just clamp 'em together until it lines up OK. So I'm thinking those are not "precision instruments" built for NASA. I've had them on for about 6 months now with no problems.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The "trick" - after a call to the North Carolina office of GIVI - a "DOH!" moment -- is to loosely assemble the 1133FZ rack arms to the M5 mount off the bike. THEN, attached the rack arms to the brackets.

The arms are under some tension (by design ???) and one can see some movement inward as one tightens the two (one on each side) front-most bolts - within the limits (presumably) of the flexibility of the arms. Once everything was tightened, the mount is solid.

Thanks all.

Be well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts