CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a flyer from the Harley Dealership. By any new Harley MC and only pay .01% down, any used pay 1.51% down. So basically walk out the door with a new Harley with nothing down. That being said, wonder how much will be the overall price and the finance charge on the balance? What may appear as a real break, may prove to be a Trojan horse.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
307 Posts

The cheapest is the Iron 883 $9,750 starting price.
The most expensive is the CVO Limited $44,099 starting price.
The trike Tri-Glide costs $49,000 starting price.
The electric one, Livewire costs $29,800 starting price.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When they listed Harley as Hardly Runs, perhaps they were referring to the Live wire. New price but old tech, that is they haven't improved the mileage, only in the ads. You are still lucky if you geet 75 miles until it sputters to a stop. The last 25% on the battery makes this bike so slow, that desert tortoises can out run it. You don't realize how fast a tortoise can move when it wants to.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
534 Posts
I don't know how many of you were watching Marvel's What If...? on Disney Plus, but maybe you remember the last episode, when Black Widow turned up on what was clearly the Livewire she rode in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

And maybe if you did see it, you laughed as hard as I did when she rode it around, to the clearly revving sound of an ICE...
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know how many of you were watching Marvel's What If...? on Disney Plus, but maybe you remember the last episode, when Black Widow turned up on what was clearly the Livewire she rode in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

And maybe if you did see it, you laughed as hard as I did when she rode it around, to the clearly revving sound of an ICE... View attachment 88939
That probably was the longest shoot in the movie. They don't stay charged, and I am sure there was no juice when they wanted to shoot certain scenes.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Harley likely loaned them six bikes, plus a tractor trailer full of parts and a mechanical team, then heard the video with the engine sounds and went, "DOH!" When product placement fails.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
534 Posts
Harley likely loaned them six bikes, plus a tractor trailer full of parts and a mechanical team, then heard the video with the engine sounds and went, "DOH!" When product placement fails.
I assumed the sounds were fabbed for the movie, it didn't sound horrible... but I've never heard a real Livewire, so what do I know? If it doesn't sound as good as it does in the movie, then yeah, HD's gonna have a fight selling those.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I assumed the sounds were fabbed for the movie, it didn't sound horrible... but I've never heard a real Livewire, so what do I know? If it doesn't sound as good as it does in the movie, then yeah, HD's gonna have a fight selling those.
There is more to the "potato" sound than meets the eye. There are the vibrations felt throughout the bike. These can not be duplicated in an audio file on the bike.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
534 Posts
There is more to the "potato" sound than meets the eye. There are the vibrations felt throughout the bike. These can not be duplicated in an audio file on the bike.
Yeah, I was never attracted to the vibration, but that's me. I like a smooth and quiet bike. I'm not saying a Livewire has to sound like an ICE, but I'd like to appreciate the sound (or have no sound at all).

·
Registered
185 Posts
From the website:
Federal Government
Electric Vehicle Tax Credit
LiveWire ONE
MSRP:
$21,999
10% Federal Tax Credit:
- $2,200
After Federal Tax Credit:
$19,799
New LiveWire ONE owners are eligible to receive a tax credit under the IRS qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle credit. The credit is 10% of the purchase price of the vehicle with a maximum credit of $2,500. Learn More

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
From the website:
Federal Government
Electric Vehicle Tax Credit
LiveWire ONE
MSRP:
$21,999
10% Federal Tax Credit:
- $2,200
After Federal Tax Credit:
$19,799
New LiveWire ONE owners are eligible to receive a tax credit under the IRS qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle credit. The credit is 10% of the purchase price of the vehicle with a maximum credit of $2,500. Learn More
In the end it just comes off taxes, money does not come back to your pocket directly. Sales tax for the bike also can be deducted. (These credits are never 1:1 dollar however). I would never buy on the basis of a federal tax credit, unless the credit is immediately off the negotiated price of anything. The same "credits" apply for new air conditions and several other items. But they do not reduce you income tax payment on a dollar per dollar basis.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Actually from what I hear about the range, (very limited) and the last 25% + of the battery is at a snails speed. Might be worth looking into other electric bike alternatives like the zero and I think there are some new others. Same "Credits" will apply, and at least you might be able to go somewhere with the bike.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
534 Posts
Engineering is very advanced, but we're still at the very early stages of battery technology and energy transfer (in and out). I just ran across an article describing a new process to charge vehicles in 5 minutes. Reports about new battery technology pops up every day. It's a slow process, but reliable, quick-charge, long-range EVs will happen.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Engineering is very advanced, but we're still at the very early stages of battery technology and energy transfer (in and out). I just ran across an article describing a new process to charge vehicles in 5 minutes. Reports about new battery technology pops up every day. It's a slow process, but reliable, quick-charge, long-range EVs will happen.
Interesting article, but who's got a grid that will supply that much current? Not California during a wildfire nor Texas during a cold snap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts