CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted a place where you can buy hard saddlebags that didn't cost a lot of $$, but now I can't find it. HELP!

·
Registered
18 Posts
The part number of the OEM hard bags is the same for the CTX and the NC. I saw the bags on amazon for $467 with free shipping but they don't have any of the hardware to attach ( inner supports, bag stays ) for the CTX, so you'd have to purchase them somewhere else.

Just go to amazon and search the part number and they will come up

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's an old post of mine.

Klemoftroy

Best saddlebag price
Thanks to the forum, I visited hondaparts-direct. Great prices. Saddlebags bought for $423 .32, got the stays for $162 and the red color panels for $103. Shipping was far less than GA tax. Love reading all the comments on the CTX and love saving $$. Thanks y'all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can't seem to find the saddlebags on hondaparts-direct, looking under accessories I only see a few parts. I've been looking for the passenger hand-holds as well.

EDIT: Ah, found the saddlebag & parts by doing a reverse lookup on part number. Still trying to find the passenger hand-holds though.

·
Premium Member
6,250 Posts
These are the part numbers for the grab bars fortunado.

GRIP, R. RR.
81805-MJF-A30

GRIP, L. RR.
81806-MJF-A30

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you! I'll be installing these on the naked CTX700n; are there any other components needed to install these? Subframe brace, etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can the Honda mounting hardware be modified to accept the hard bags from Vikingbags.com? I'm really looking for a project to combat my severe case of cabin fever from all this Arctic Vortex crap.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
No. The Honda mounting hardware can not be modified to work without some major, major fabrication and welding. Several people have shown an interest in the mounts I designed for my bike. These mounts should work perfectly if you intend to mount your bags permanently. You would need to drill your own mounting holes since mine are drilled to fit the Bestem 2012 mounting plate. I am in the process of trying to get a price worked out now to cover the fabrication, paint and shipping for several others. Certainly be a lot cheaper than the OEM brackets. You can find some pictures of them at the following link. http://www.ctx700forum.com/forum/ct...orum/3201-42-liter-matching-case-89-34-a.html. If your interested send me a PM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts