CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I just got my CTX700ND earlier this week and I love it. I just started riding about 2 years ago on a Vespa GTS 300 and put about 11,000 miles on it so far. I use it to go to work every day. Now that I have my CTX that might change but I'll never give up my Vespa.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
welcome to the forum. Hope you find it useful for you and your new bike.

Time will tell, but I think your CTX will be used more than the Vespa. But having two bikes is not a bad thing.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hello all. I just got my CTX700ND earlier this week and I lovef it. I just started riding about 2 years ago on a Vespa GTS 300 and put about 11,000 miles on it so far. I use it to go to work every day. Now that I have my CTX that might change but I'll never give up my Vespa.
Welcome CTX-NYC.

Do you interact on modernvespa.com fourm?

I traded a 2013 Piaggio BV350 for a CTX700 (fairing with manual shift and brakes). My financial and space limitations means that I can own only one ride at a time, so that's why I gave up the scooter. It was tough decision for me to take the plunge and give up a really great ride in the BV350. When this CTX700 came out, it just seemed like something that would be even better than the BV350 for what I use a ride for in the long run, and it has been better in many respects so far, but that scooter was and is a fantastic choice for a daily, sporty, practical, fun commute. Even on long highway stretches below 80 mph. Frankly, I don't understand all the false perceptions people have about modern, mid-range and maxi scooters that doesn't match reality; with respect to capability and the fun factor.

I likewise used my BV350 as a daily rider and loved the engineering, ergonomics, features, value, sporty looks, and built-in storage of the Italian-branded scooter. Even after I would explain it's capability to people, they would still make on going comments about how it would take me longer to get somewhere than it would in a cage or on a bike. It's almost as if, even after you explain that modern maxi scooters are very capable and even sporty transportation, yet practical, they still can't get past mind blocks they have about scooters simply because of its label.

The BV was great for my daily, 55-mile, highway commute with average cruising speeds from 45-65 with passes up to 75. It was plenty powerful any time I required power; handled very well in the twisties with strong engine braking to add control in down hill situations; it was comfortable for long rides; maneuverable for short urban jaunts; lots of storage; had sporty appearance to go with the matching performance; came with a center stand and luggage rack standard; and gas mileage from the upper 60s to lower 70s depending on the season using pure gas. The BV was my first ride, and I owned it for about 13 mos.; but the CTX promised a more cushioned ride for the long commutes; longer transmission component life for the many miles I pile up; more and cheaper aftermarket choices forthcoming (being a Honda); and amazing mpg. I think you'll love it going forward after you do something to help with the wind (if you do some highway riding). I have not done anything about the wind either (even the fairing model needs some help for those who do alot of highway traveling).

I see you too pile up the miles on your scooter like I did on mine. I put almost 7,500 on my scooter in one year, even though the last two months I hardly rode it as I was trying to sell it, so I'm an 8500-mile-per year, daily rider.

When riding and passing other MC riders, I now get many more return waves on an MC than I did on the scooter, but when I'm parked and people pass by giving me and my ride a closer look, many mc owners still scoff or look down their noses at me and my ride. I guess I've got a ride that is too docile looking to be a real bike, and that makes me not a real biker. That's too bad. I could use some social contacts with other owners, but that doesn't make me wish I had some other choice that would not be as good a choice for what I use a PTW for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been on MV for a couple a years now. I joined when I got my Vespa It's a wealth of information and advice. That's why I knew I had to find a CTX forum. I love my Vespa it's a work horse. I ride it about 40 miles a day round trip to work and take it to the store a lot. I still amaze myself with how much stuff I can carry on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts