CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed aftermarket bars? I almost feel like I want to lean more forward instead of backwards. (I'm telling you, since buying my CTX my entire riding experience has changed!!! I'm so use to leaning back on my old cruisers that, now I have such a nimble cycle my whole way of riding feels changed!)
Anyway, I was thinking of something with similar length but more straight. Maybe something like this:

I'd have the same length but the ends would be pushed forward...or the entire bar would be straighter. If I did this on my manual CTX do you think I'd need to adjust the cables and lines?

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Go ahead, tons of bars out there. The only problem is the clamp is larger (1") then the rest of the bar of 7/8". If I where you, get a 7/8" bar and find something to reduce the clamps. Moving the bar forward would give more slack, not take it away. To keep the stock bar ends, you need a steel bar. If you go with an alluminum bar, you need new bar ends to fit. You will need to drill the alignment/lock holes for it too no matter which bar you get. If the bar is too straight, it may not clear the windshield or fairing. You got alot of measuring to do~

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Does any body know the torque requirements for the handle bar headset?
I'm assuming your talking about the holder bolts. Manual says 16 lbf-ft for the top bolts and 29 lbf-ft for the bottom bots. Be sure to tighten the top bolts first.

·
Registered
87 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts