CTX 700 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
When I was riding ISDT qualifiers, scrambles, and other off road stuff (many years ago), I froze my hands the first winter. After that I layered gloves with thin wool gloves next to the skin, thin rubber gloves over them, and leather gloves on top. We didn't have all the high tech "Gear" that today's riders wear. Not much protection in a crash, but crashes came less when my fingers were warm. In winter, now, I use Freeze Out glove liners, and regular Cycle Gloves from Cycle Gear. I'm thinking about getting some of the Guards and installing LED running/turn signal lights on them. We only have a couple months of the year that it gets cold enough to really need them, but I like the safety feature of the additional lights.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Barkbusters recommends the single point clamp hand guard for our bike. I just installed it. Did it myself, and I'm not mechanical at all. Pretty easy. They're great. With my heated grips my hands stay nice and warm. I tried the 2 point mount, and could not get it to work. Much more complicated in my view.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts