CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
not that I have seen, the NC700X guys have. Here is a nice thread with lots of good photos. Not sure if you have to join to see photos but it is worth it. Lots of good info over there. My only concern would be a windshield but I have Rox Risers and enough pullback so that is not a concern.

Cyclegear Handguards on sale....
TRACKSIDE - Brush Guards with Aluminum Mount - Hand Guards - Other Parts - Parts - CycleGear - Cycle Gear
TRACKSIDE - Aluminum Handguard Kit with Shields - Hand Guards - Other Parts - Parts - CycleGear - Cycle Gear

·
Registered
842 Posts
They look problematic for the DCT: even without a windscreen mounted, the handbrake takes up some real estate on the left side; the brake reservoir on the right gave me fits installing the windscreen. So, for me, I have doubts they could be made to work.

Ride Safe, Ride Often
f

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Not sure about the DCT, I have the manual. Based on my limited viewing of the DCT I wonder if these would work? There are 2 types on that thread I posted. These are the more expensive, I agree the $20 ones look like a no go.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Those look pretty good Kirsten. Kinda mimic the shape of the mirrors and look like the belong and not some add-on as some look like. Those are the ones with the pop out covers should you want some airflow, correct?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes. The fronts pop off to let air run thru. I used the tripod brackets. A little tricky around the brake fluid resevoir but i got it on. Used them this morning in 40 degree temps and they worked great.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I was thinking Mickey Mouse Ears for the Moose brand. But the point is they probably keep your hands warm which is good. In summer they can be removed because I imagine winter or summer gloves will be warn for safety.

Reactions: Man

·
Registered
329 Posts
now, if you have these babies already installed, check out www.hippohands.com , and you see how both work together for a nice winter ride! I am adding your hand protectors this season, and will use my hippo hands I kept from my previous ride, VTX1800C. They are the same fit. Perfect for cold and wet weather protection

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
I don't see the point of hand guards on a street bike. Hand guards are good at blocking debris and why they should be on off road bikes. Sure, they will help block wind like a wind screen, but it only reduces some. After many years of trying to solve cold hands, I have found out that no single pair of gloves alone will do the job, not even heated or adding insulated gloves, all they do is add a little time extension. The first thing you must do is block the wind off the hands before any combination of hand protection. I have found out that bar mittens are best at this. They are cheap, universal and temporary.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't see the point of hand guards on a street bike. Hand guards are good at blocking debris and why they should be on off road bikes. Sure, they will help block wind like a wind screen, but it only reduces some. After many years of trying to solve cold hands, I have found out that no single pair of gloves alone will do the job, not even heated or adding insulated gloves, all they do is add a little time extension. The first thing you must do is block the wind off the hands before any combination of hand protection. I have found out that bar mittens are best at this. They are cheap, universal and temporary.
I used to wear "mittens" when I built snowmen in New York, about 50+ years ago! For some reason, eveytime I say or hear the word "mitten." I think of cat's paws. Just messing with ya!

·
Registered
329 Posts
www.hippohands.com

kept me from literally freezing in 25' weather in the Eastern Sierra's

·
Registered
22 Posts
now, if you have these babies already installed, check out www.hippohands.com , and you see how both work together for a nice winter ride! I am adding your hand protectors this season, and will use my hippo hands I kept from my previous ride, VTX1800C. They are the same fit. Perfect for cold and wet weather protection
RalphWrecker, can you tell use what model Hippo Hands? I would like to order but I am not sure what model. thanks!

·
Registered
329 Posts
hippohands

Medium UC (for bike) with mirrors. These are for the Honda VTX1300 & 1800. Turns out many parts for the Honda cruisers appear to be interchangeable.

You will need structural hand guards. See the thread on hand guards.I kept the hippo hands I had on my previous VTX1800C.

Powermad Trip Mount series hand guard kit on eBay for $34+ shipping. Well reviewed elsewhere on this site. You MUST HAVE BOTH or hippo hands will collapse at freeway speeds

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ordered my powermadd stars today, should have by week's end. Upper forty's yesterday the electric hand grips kept hands warm but would have been better with guards.
Cee bailey next, will make someone a great deal on tall honda w/s when that happens.

Have a safe New Years

1 - 20 of 53 Posts