CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions to putting a sidecar on the CTX700 ? Power, mounting etc.

Thanks in advance
Steve

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
yes, I had a sidecar on a Harley.
The CTX frame will not take it and there is not enough power unless you would be happy running around not exceeding say 50mph. Also there is no reverse.

Steve, forget it or get a bigger bike with sidecar already configured.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Ural

yes, I had a sidecar on a Harley.
The CTX frame will not take it and there is not enough power unless you would be happy running around not exceeding say 50mph. Also there is no reverse.

Steve, forget it or get a bigger bike with sidecar already configured.
http://www.ural.com/

This is the only side car bike I would ever trust: WWII design, went thru mud and snow all over Stalingrad. 3rd wheel is via PTO from chain-driven rear. I can just see my wife in the side car, with Snoopy Goggles and a Scarf. Modernized now, to be sure. But same IRON HORSE build.

Ride Safe, Ride Often,
f

·
Registered
2014 CTX DTC w/Sweet SL220 Sidecar
133 Posts
Hacking

Rather than listen to the naysayers, the CTX works fine as a tug. The brakes are more than adequate and it will cruise all day at 70mph. MPG will drop to just under 60, but it makes for a great combination.
I have a Sweet SL220 installed and it's my daily driver. Very affordable option.
Fred

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just did a google search for Sweet SL220. Saw some wonderful pictures of a paraplegic gentleman controlling his bike from the sidecar. Looked hilarious.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Rather than listen to the naysayers, the CTX works fine as a tug. The brakes are more than adequate and it will cruise all day at 70mph. MPG will drop to just under 60, but it makes for a great combination.
I have a Sweet SL220 installed and it's my daily driver. Very affordable option.
Fred
Ah, that's your rig in the Photo of the Month contest! Nice, brother. That sidecar looks to have a lot of protection for the passenger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts