CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI...
I have been following this forum for several weeks while learning about the CTX 700 bikes. I must say, you all make very convincing arguments for buying one...so much that I've made the decision to purchase a CTX 700D! :D
I currently ride a Majesty that I bought about a year ago after taking the MSF class. Thank you all for the wonderful discussions and photos. I am now in the process of trying to find one and not having any luck yet around here. It looks like I'm going to be waiting a while but that's OK too because while I wait, I will continue to learn from all of you!

Dalene

Reactions: Kfrill

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Welcome! And It will be worth the wait. I rode a SH150 for 2 years before moving to the CTX700D. Boy is it different from the scoot. So much more power. Still have the scoot for local commuting. There is plenty to learn here.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
CaseSteam, welcome to the forum. An informed decision to spend 8k or more should be well thought out. When you ride it home buyers remorse is the last thing you want.

But as you can see many scooter owners are upgrading to the PCX and feel there are enough differences that they feel the have arrived at motorcycling that maybe then did not feel on their scooter. I feel that anything that takes a motorcycle license qualifies as a motorcycle. Many scooter do. If you can not get on the freeway or roads over 45mph then maybe motorcycle would be the wrong term.

anyway, welcome

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You!
I don't think there will be buyers remorse - until I ride in the rain the first time and realize i've lost the leg protection from the Majesty...! I'm thinking good rain gear is in my future too!

I think that would be a great definition of a scooter vs motorcycle - "can it run on on a highway at 55-60 mph?"

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello CaseStream,

I also rode a Yamaha Majesty for awhile. I was VERY impressed with the handling of that bike between the speeds of 20 and 50. Great acceleration and I could place it anywhere I wanted on the road almost instantly with just a thought. The CTX doesn't do quite as well in that regard despite its many other advantages. But the 07 Majesty model I had was absolutely terrible with two people on rough pavement and I sold it. I currently own a Honda Helix which I doubt I'll ever sell since it's the most comfortable around town bike I've ever ridden.

I hope you enjoy your new CTX700! Lots to explore with the three modes at your disposal! I've put a fairing on my CTX... won't help much for the legs though.

> "I think that would be a great definition of a scooter vs motorcycle - "can it run on on a highway at 55-60 mph?"

Maybe not. Check out any of the bikes on this page:
Shiftless or Shifty?
Most of these are technically (I believe, even legally) considered "scooters". Except the Mana. Not sure how meaningful these terms are anymore in delineating the differences between categories. These days I just use the word, "motorbike" if there's any doubt.

Cheers,
Tony (aka MisterHand)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts