CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -
New to the forum, but not to riding or to Hondas. I'm a devout PC800 (Pacific Coast) fan. I've had three of the things, still have two. If I could get a 2021 PC800, I'd do it in a heartbeat! That being impossible, I'm starting to think a CTX700 is a good alternative. And so here I am. As indicated in the title, I'm located smack in the middle of Oregon, the part that gets winter (cuts into the riding season). Anyway, I'm looking hard to find that red 2018 that has about 15 miles on it and needs a new home...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Welcome Jerry. I don't think you find find your dream machine here (too many people would jump on such an option if it ever got posted) but hope you find something that works for you.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Welcome! You're a natural for the CTX700! & like many, you would be amazed at how good the DCT is. Good luck w/your search. Can you find us an affordable, simple house in south/central OR & show us Crater Lake?

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
450 Posts
Welcome Jerry! I was a PC800 fan years ago, but never had a chance to ride one. I was bike commuting at the time, and the carrying capacity of the PC looked ideal for me. I feel like the CTX700DCT has a lot of the same draws to it, especially after I added a Givi topcase. Happy riding!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! You're a natural for the CTX700! & like many, you would be amazed at how good the DCT is. Good luck w/your search. Can you find us an affordable, simple house in south/central OR & show us Crater Lake?
Thanks! Finally got a chance to ride one with the DCT. Easy-peasy. "Affordable house" in this area? Hmmm... unicorns maybe? Or my red 2018 with 15 miles on it? All pretty scarce commodities, I'm afraid.
As for Crater Lake, yup, I know where that is. Come on over and we'll ride the Rim Road. I'll be on the red Pacific Coast named Stewball!

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2013 Honda CB1100
19 Posts
Thanks! Finally got a chance to ride one with the DCT. Easy-peasy. "Affordable house" in this area? Hmmm... unicorns maybe? Or my red 2018 with 15 miles on it? All pretty scarce commodities, I'm afraid.
As for Crater Lake, yup, I know where that is. Come on over and we'll ride the Rim Road. I'll be on the red Pacific Coast named Stewball!
Ahh, I was driving around Crater Lake last year in a car.... looks like it would be grate on a motorcycle.
Too far from California for a day ride :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Red CTX with DCT, not too hard. 2018, a little harder. 15 miles or less, you might want to let that one go.

Try eBay, cycletrader.com, searchtempest.com (allows searching of multiple Craigslist sites) and maybe Facebook Marketplace.

Craigslist has a 2017 in Florence on the coast near Eugene. Looks nicely equipped.

Fetch! Go git it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, found one. Red 2018 with 15 miles on it. How about a red 2014 with 55 miles on the clock? Close enough, I said. It's in my driveway now... Have to find a windshield, saddlebags, and probably a seat, probably a Corbin, and we're good to go. And I;m not kidding about the 55 miles - this thing is great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts