CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little tid bit of info I thought I'd share with you all. It seems appropriate to put it in the How-To Forums because is involves getting parts...

I found a couple of sites to buy parts and accessories for the CTX700N (and associated models). This one has the best prices I've found so far is:

Low Prices Honda Motorcycles ATVs Honda Motorcycle Dealers Phoenix

When I went to purchase my bike, I took the list of accessories I wanted along with the prices to my dealer (Marysville Honda Motorsports). They were very cool about it and price matched every part! They also said they would install them all for $88 total.

I'm getting the rear carrier along with the backrest brackets and inner supports that are needed to put the rear carrier on. I'm also having them put the passenger grip handles from the CTX700 on my CTX700ND. Thanks to other members on these forums, (cobraguy, leeindia, and CEETEEX), I found out the grab handles do fit the CTX700N).

With these parts, I can add a backrest at a later date myself if I want to.

Here is the list of parts I'm getting with the prices from western honda:

Part numbers needed to add rear carrier:
Backrest brackets: 08R71-MJF-A00ZP $113.56
Rear carrier: 08L70-MJF-A00ZP $134.65
Inner supports: 08L72-MJF-A00 $78.35

Additional part numbers needed to add rear grips:
Right grip: 81805-MJF-A30 $68.82
Left grip: 81806-MJF-A30 $68.82
Caps for bolts (4): 91456-MCW-D01 $1.47 (x4)

I saved a significant amount of money by having this price list in hand when I went to buy my bike.

I wanted to get the 12V outlet, but the dealer wanted almost $300 for it installed. The dealer had already put a battery tender lead on the bike, so I'm just going to get the 12V battery tender attachment. You can get the battery tender lead and the 12V attachment for about $10 for both on Amazon.

One last thing, I have used Partzilla.com for my stuff for my Honda scooter before, but they don't have the CTX700 parts in their inventory yet.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Oem parts best pricing

I have used Ebay to get most of my stuff, and the prices were great. I figured maybe we could have a thread of OEM parts with PART NUMBERS, the COST, and specifically where the parts were purchased, ie link to website or dealer.

I am searching for the best price on the Rear Carrier (08L70-MJF-A00ZP) and the Backrest Bracket (08R71-MJF-A00ZP) but figured a compilation would be great.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Here are the prices for the Carrier & Backrest Bracket I ordered from:

South Sound Honda Suzuki
2115 Carriage Drive SW
Olympia WA 98502
360-357-9633
Email: [email protected]
www.hondabikes.com

CARRIER, RR.
Mfg Product Number: 08L70-MJF-A00ZP
Total Cost: $124.68

BRACKET, BACKREST
Mfg Product Number: 08R71-MJF-A00ZP
Total Cost: $105.15

Shipping: $25.00

Order Total: $254.83

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Great price, I started a thread to help members find the best prices and it had no momentum. I merged it with this thread so hopefully it will grow legs.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Maybe I should have chosen a dealer on the east coast. Appears my order has to be shipped from the east coast to to dealer(on west coast), then from the dealer back to me on the east coast. Makes absolutely no sense. Ordering a part on the 3rd and getting it on the 20th as estimated is not worth the savings. I would rather have used my local dealer and not saved the $25. Last time I used a dealer online the items were sent to me from the warehouse, not to the dealer and then then me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Need Eastern US Dealer

We do need an east coast dealer that will discount online sales for us.
Dealers around Atlanta area seem to want list prices for parts and ridiculous add on fees for new bikes, and good luck on getting them to respond to emails or calling you back even after visiting their dealership! It's seems like local area price fixing to me! Maybe they're all owned by the mafia like the beer and liquor dealers.

Pathfinder

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
We do need an east coast dealer that will discount online sales for us.
Dealers around Atlanta area seem to want list prices for parts and ridiculous add on fees for new bikes, and good luck on getting them to respond to emails or calling you back even after visiting their dealership! It's seems like local area price fixing to me! Maybe they're all owned by the mafia like the beer and liquor dealers.

Pathfinder
Same with the NJ dealers, the want MSRP or more and think there doing you a favor.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I tried supporting dealers, but they only sell at MSRP on bikes and I refuse to pay that in addition to freight, prep, and processing. For that reason I try not to even buy parts from them. Today I called a local dealer to get a price on parts but he said he would call me back with a price, that was hours ago..........

·
Registered
585 Posts
Recommendation..../suggestion

As the saying goes ... "everything is negociable" .... negociate at least %15 off... the gravy for the dealer if foolish people are impulse buyers and
don't wait. I have heard of some people getting $1k off using costco membership , costco now selling motorcycles in addition to cars.
For $55 membership fee thats certainly useful to look into.
I can hear the 'dealers' groaning as they read this. Mind you the people at dealership need to eat too and good service is worth paying a bit more, but not allot more. Look into it and let me know your findings and/or experience using.

Cheers,

Lone Woof:D

I tried supporting dealers, but they only sell at MSRP on bikes and I refuse to pay that in addition to freight, prep, and processing. For that reason I try not to even buy parts from them. Today I called a local dealer to get a price on parts but he said he would call me back with a price, that was hours ago..........

·
Registered
40 Posts
And yet we can go to Western Honda's website and pull up a discount price in two minutes time.

We have one Honda dealer in Metro Atlanta that gives a small discount when ordering online, BUT they have in big letters on their website that those prices are not available in the store! You would think they would WANT you to make a visit into the store if you could. I just don't understand how clueless some business people can be. If you go to their brick and mortar store to buy the part you will see many brands and models of bikes to tempt you into buying or trading up. Lots of clothing and accessories to tempt you too. You SEE things and it makes you want them. I just don't get it? Where is the logic in this business model?

Pathfinder

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I think this is corporate jumping on the anti web sales bandwagon that is being pushed through Congress. Either that or dealers have been complaining and corporate has decided its all or nothing. Even bikes are not being advertised any longer at reduced prices. Just MSRP! The company I bought all my OEM accessories at a reduced price can no longer sell accessories since they are not a dealer.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just my 2 cents.....I had to replace the front left turn signal assembly, the left fairing cowl, the left saddle bag colored panel and my clutch lever. I ordered everything from Cheap Cycle Parts. They seemed to have really good prices- got all of those parts for just under $350.

Hopefully I've had my last encounter with a wet oil slick. :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just my 2 cents.....I had to replace the front left turn signal assembly, the left fairing cowl, the left saddle bag colored panel and my clutch lever. I ordered everything from Cheap Cycle Parts. They seemed to have really good prices- got all of those parts for just under $350.

Hope you were not hurt. Oil slicks are hard to see sometimes.

Pathfinder

·
Registered
433 Posts

So you were able to buy just one single panel versus the set?

Edit: I just went to the site and see the panel listed, but it doesn't differentiate between a right or a left, just says "panel" with a single part #. These are not interchangeable between sides, right?? How do you know what you are getting? website page in question

·
Registered
289 Posts
So you were able to buy just one single panel versus the set?

Edit: I just went to the site and see the panel listed, but it doesn't differentiate between a right or a left, just says "panel" with a single part #. These are not interchangeable between sides, right?? How do you know what you are getting? website page in question
Nope- gotta get both.

·
Registered
289 Posts
OK, gotcha;) Too bad you weren't closer, I'd buy the right side off of you.
We can probably work out something. I have a PayPal account.

I haven't gotten the parts yet-by midweek next week. PM me if you want to try to figure something out. I'll make sure I keep some packing material.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts