CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the forum.

I'm John from Charlotte, NC and I just purchased my fourth motorcycle on 10/01/2013 which was the Honda CTX700ND. I have fallen in love with the CTX. Very nice bike. The DCT is awesome.

I currently have a 2001 Yamaha V Star 650 that is a great bike. My plan was to keep both bikes. But after riding the CTX for a week, I don't even want to ride the V Star anymore. It is up for sale now.

This forum has already helped me with making some brackets for my soft saddle-bags. Saved me a bunch of money. Thanks Billnorville for the info on the brackets.

Reactions: Effem Tee

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Love the forum.

I'm John from Charlotte, NC and I just purchased my fourth motorcycle on 10/01/2013 which was the Honda CTX700ND. I have fallen in love with the CTX. Very nice bike. The DCT is awesome.

I currently have a 2001 Yamaha V Star 650 that is a great bike. My plan was to keep both bikes. But after riding the CTX for a week, I don't even want to ride the V Star anymore. It is up for sale now.

This forum has already helped me with making some brackets for my soft saddle-bags. Saved me a bunch of money. Thanks Billnorville for the info on the brackets.
welcome John as a new owner and to the forum. My brackets are still working for my bags and glad it helped you. I sold a Super Magna and only have the CTX but have a Yamaha FZ-09 on order (been 30 days). I plan to keep the CTX but like you, might find I ride one more than the other and then one goes up for sale but this time not sure. The two bikes will be quite different.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Welcome and glad you're happy with the new ride. I've got the fairing model in red with standard tranny and brakes. I have few complaints other than, as a previous maxi scooter owner, it has taken me longer to get used to feeling natural shifting a manual bike and operating a rear foot brake than what I had anticipated, so I'm just now starting to feel the "fun" factor on this bike, but I feel in the long run it will give me lots of pleasure.

So much better and smoother ride (plus better fuel economy) than the all-new, 2013 Piaggio BV350; and that's saying alot as it was a really, really smooth, easy-to-ride, and well-performing scooter.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome and glad you're happy with the new ride. I've got the fairing model in red with standard tranny and brakes. I have few complaints other than, as a previous maxi scooter owner, it has taken me longer to get used to feeling natural shifting a manual bike and operating a rear foot brake than what I had anticipated, so I'm just now starting to feel the "fun" factor on this bike, but I feel in the long run it will give me lots of pleasure.

So much better and smoother ride (plus better fuel economy) than the all-new, 2013 Piaggio BV350; and that's saying alot as it was a really, really smooth, easy-to-ride, and well-performing scooter.
Where did you get the Box? I think I would like that.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Where did you get the Box? I think I would like that.
They've got them at Amazon for $89; free shipping; Bestem model 2012. They are also available from Bestem, Ebay, and a couple of other places for about the same price, but Amazon was the only store I found with free shipping. I got mine for $65 (scratched) with free shipping, but I don't think they've got any more damaged ones.

It comes with a mounting plate, brake light, and brake light wiring, and key that removes the box from the plate and opens/unlocks/locks the case. The red is almost a perfect match. They've got other colors as well. For the money, I really like it. I just strapped mine to the passenger's seat with lashing straps, but if you don't do this, you'll need the Honda rack for about $280.

·
Registered
157 Posts

How do you mount your motorcycle ?
Doesn't the top box get in the way ?

·
Registered
975 Posts
How do you mount your motorcycle ?
Doesn't the top box get in the way ?
I know the location of my box is not for everyone, but it works really well for me, and it's made it much cheaper. It was only $7 for the pair of lashing straps and everything else came with the case, although I need to find some black straps for appearance reasons.

I don't and can't mount from the rear, so the box doesn't get in my way. I don't know any other bikers personally, so I'm not sure how this mounting from the rear is done. I assume one swings his or her leg over or is tall enough to tip-toe and spread one's legs enough to walk over. The only way I can get my leg over is to walk-up and sort of kick my right foot up and over at the front part of the seat. I usually dismount from the right side only because I'm usually a little stiffer after riding than I am when I've been walking around, and I can lift my left foot higher than my right.

I forgot to mention that the case comes with a back pad, and I purposely set the top case where it sits right where I can use the back pad for back support whenever I want to seat back and use it. It would be a little better if I could figure out a way to build a rack via the grab handles, because the case will give as much as the seat cushion does, so it doesn't work as good as it could as a backrest but pretty decent.

I can still remove the seat, because the key will unlock the case from the mount. I can remove the case and then remove the seat as usual only that the mount will come off with the seat. To remove the mount, I simply have to release the lashing straps; would take no more than a couple of minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to our cozy group. Enjoy your CTX.

Ride Safe, Ride Often,
f
I ride about 40 miles daily...........

Try to stay safe doing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts