CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up new ctx de this morning at Sindt motors, Dubuque, Iowa.

Have done business with them for over 30 years (my 7th bike purchase) . Great family dealership. Very happy with all purchases. Does your dealer know your name when you walk in? Feel just like Norm on cheers.

Impressions : shifting is clunky, can hear clicks as it goes up/down. Do like tha availablity of being able to manually select what gear while in auto.

Speeds of up to 70, up/down hills along the river road in Iowa.

Wind with standard shield hits me at the chin, my arms must be short, I think it could use an inch or so more pull back. New bars or just loosening them and moving back a bit.

Brakes. Front will stop on dime, rear will take some breaking in.

Have tall windshield, bags, rack and carrier in boxes in van with wife.

Bike will hold 70mph uphill but it works at it.

Overall, very satisfied with first ride. Lets get a few more hundreds of miles and how I get used to the different bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, Armdillo, I agree with you. I am female and thought maybe my arms were just short, I think I would like them to come back about 1 to 2 inches. I may start looking for solutions. I am also having some turbulance issues with the short windshield that came on the bike. If I stretch my neck up very high it goes away, so for now, I think I will just remove the short windshield and go more "naked."
Marci

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bet they would. When I had the shadow 750, i used a set of the bottoms from an aero, only 30 $ or so. And they were chromed too. Will do some exploring

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got home, had ride bike home would not fin in mini van. 363 miles with that short w/s. lots of turbulence, I will see what the tall was does about that. And the noise good thing I carry earplugs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, thanks for the suggestion, I will have my dealer order some of the Rox risers. By the way, anyone know the cost of the color match bags? I can't find the price anywhere online.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
599 for the bags and 129 for the panels. Should be able to get at least 10 percent off those
If get them with bike or the dealer you got bike from.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've been riding around Cedar Rapids for the past week with a new CTX700d (short windscreen). Wind hits me right in the sternum. I wrote a letter yesterday to Madstad to request that they work on a windshield and brackets that could work with the fairing. For now, the weather's been great and I'm trying to get some miles under my wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts