CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a confirmed date on a red CTX700. August 8. Dealer said it should be ready for me to pickup around the 10th.

I emailed my salesperson yesterday to find out if they were showing any coming in on their order statement. Previously they had no information on when one might come in. He called and emailed me back stating that there are three on their order statement and should arrive August 8; two are reserved; mine and another; only one still available. I checked that date. It's a Saturday. I work every fourth weekend and that's the weekend I work. Hard to get out of that one. Looks like I can't get it till about the 12th.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I guess overall Great news Gregsfc.

Murphy's law always works that way. At least you can plan knowing when you will end up with it. Lets hope the weather favors you when that day comes too.

Erase in you head what you think it will be like and just enjoy it as it is for the first few days then plan what you want to change about it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If the bike arrives early enough on the 8th, I may nicely suggest to them that if they can have it ready the next day (even if it's late in the day), that I can come get it on the 9th. On the weekends that I work, I'm off on that prior Friday, and the following Monday, but the weekends are super important, since the person working the weekend is the only person working and live fish are dependent on that person being there.

But also, I should prepare myself to expect a delay, since this is only a tentative shipment date set by Honda.

Also, just to relay what I've learned about the dealer's order sheet, Honda refers to a standard CTX700 as CTX700E in so far as how they report it to the dealer. The "E", according to the dealer, means that it's a 2014 model, so every model will have that letter designation on the end. Using this logic then, an DCT/ABS fairing model is CTX700DE; a standard-shift, naked model is CTX700NE; and a DCT/ABS naked model is CTX700NDE. I had another dealer tell me about an incoming N model, and they too used this same designation; they called it a CTX700NE. I originally thought she had a typo and really meant D instead of E, and that it would be DCT/ABS, because she also said it was black, but when I saw it at a dealership, it was a black CTX700N- standard, which confirms that the E didn't really mean anything. At that time, I was confused about the whole E thing, but now it makes more sense, since I've actually seen an order sheet with that designation on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts