CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CTX700 is an amazing bike, loved every minute of it other than the suspension, i know there are mods thanks to this fantastic forum however the second issue was the power @ 60 I still wanted a little more get up and go.
The replacement is a BMW F800GT, other than getting used to the seating position this bike is a dream to ride and will serve me for a couple three years where i plan to go back to the CTX, most likely pick up a DCT in the states to ride until i quit.
Thank you to all of the people on this post for direction and information over the past year, i hope you are all still here when i return. Ride long, Ride Safe.

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
Good luck. Ride safe (y)

·
Registered
947 Posts
That's a wonderful bike; hope you enjoy it. I followed it ever since seeing it at the Montreal MC Show and got to ride one about 4 years ago. The belt drive is very smooth. With an upright riding position the Beemer is a very different ride and a seat height almost 3" taller than the CTX.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got a 2016 BMW F700 GS. I believe the specs show the CTX700 as 58 HP and the BMW as 75 HP. We will be keeping our CTX700 because the resale value on them is pitiful. It will serve well when friends & beginners want to ride with us. My wife road the CTX700 on a half dozen or more long road trips. Passing at highway speeds was really the only area where it didn't have enough ooomph. I currently own the BMW above, a 2014 R1200 GSA, and a 2009 R1200 GS. I am looking at jap bikes again as I am tired of living the "Bring More Wallet" aspect of the beemers.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The CTX700 is an amazing bike, loved every minute of it other than the suspension, i know there are mods thanks to this fantastic forum however the second issue was the power @ 60 I still wanted a little more get up and go.
The replacement is a BMW F800GT, other than getting used to the seating position this bike is a dream to ride and will serve me for a couple three years where i plan to go back to the CTX, most likely pick up a DCT in the states to ride until i quit.
Thank you to all of the people on this post for direction and information over the past year, i hope you are all still here when i return. Ride long, Ride Safe.
Sorry to see you go....ride safe whatever you're on.....blessings

1 - 6 of 6 Posts