CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping I can put this to bed. Coming down I-45 today riding my CTX700D at 75mph, I had the opportunity to experience some really rough 35mph side winds. The bike handled like a champ and was rock solid, glued to the road, without the need for correction. The winds were strong enough at times to cause my full face helmet to rise up on my head.

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
It sure does. When I picked mine up I was doing indicated 80+ with wind gusts and passing truckers on the interstate, the turbulence was about nil to the bikes handling. The mid center of gravity makes all the difference! Enjoy it, not may bikes can do the same.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I know it sounds crazy for only a 670cc parallel twin, but I like the acceleration of my CTX700 far better than the usable power range of my old VTX1800C: the freeway acceleration is impressive (to me anyway).

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the acceleration as well, especially when passing on 2 lane Hwy's or entering on to the interstate. The CTX twin was designed to provide a wide mid range torque curve. I find acceleration in this range to be extremely smooth, controllable and much more efficient than most the other bikes I've owned. I don't have the all or nothing problems I've experienced in the past with other bikes. I either ride one up with very little weight or two up packed to the max. The CTX handles both admirably without a word in protest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts