CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello to all out there and give a latest mod update ....... installed my GIVI windshield. All went well, just a little nerve racking getting the side plastic speaker covers off. Didnt break so all is good. That is a center stand, an exhaust, floorboards and a windshield. Next will be a honda luggage/backrest combo. Saving the seat for last.......hoping my butt wont need one but Im not counting on it. Anyone in the upstate NY area with a seat for sale....give me a shout out. Hope everyone out there is having a great holiday!!!

· Registered
79 Posts
When I purchased the the CTX in Feb of last year it was equipped with the Givi. I liked it and it was wide enough to keep the hands out of the airstream at freeway speeds. However at 5'7" it was not quite tall enough to keep the helmet wind noise in check.

In the summer I went with the factory low shied and enjoyed the extra airflow...

For this winter I went with the Puig, its notably taller and did keep the helmet noise in check....

However... it opened up the hands back into the airflow.... So then I bought some cheap generic wind blocks for the hands off of Amazon... Success!

One thing I will say, even the Puig is likely not tall enough for taller riders and would need either the windshield extension that you see on many CTX's or a quiet helmet.

So in summation Givi is great for overall wind, just short for the helmet... Puig leaner on the sides giving up the hands but taller...

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Plant

· Registered
74 Posts
When I purchased the the CTX in Feb of last year it was equipped with the Givi. I liked it and it was wide enough to keep the hands out of the airstream at freeway speeds. However at 5'7" it was not quite tall enough to keep the helmet wind noise in check.

In the summer I went with the factory low shied and enjoyed the extra airflow...

For this winter I went with the Puig, its notably taller and did keep the helmet noise in check....

However... it opened up the hands back into the airflow.... So then I bought some cheap generic wind blocks for the hands off of Amazon... Success!

One thing I will say, even the Puig is likely not tall enough for taller riders and would need either the windshield extension that you see on many CTX's or a quiet helmet.

So in summation Givi is great for overall wind, just short for the helmet... Puig leaner on the sides giving up the hands but taller...

View attachment 90291
View attachment 90290
View attachment 90289
For the most part, I am satisfied with my Givi at 6 foot, however I can see why some people put the extension spoilers on, and I just may do this. Gotta love riding those mountains in the Los Padres National Forest and others. Back in the 90s I use to ride the San Jacinto and Joshua Tree Mountains a lot when I lived in Palm Desert.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts