CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote a whole paragraph and blew it up somehow. Crap.

This thing looks great and is not as big as it looks.

Bomb proof mounting with a universal Givi mount to the Honda luggage rack.

Very pleased.

Attachments

·
Banned
463 Posts
I was going to say it looks like you live in AZ but then I saw the NV plate.
Well, it's a lot better than SD.
You would have to have a top case on a snowmobile.
I had a Givi before and was really happy with it.
Looks good.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Are you sure it is not a big as it looks because it looks huge. Joking aside, great job mounting it.

This winter, paint the band around the middle white and put a Honda emblem on it and nobody would know it wasn't made specifically for your CTX by Honda .

Not many whites ones on the forum and it does look good in white.

PS: thought we didn't allow Harley pictures on here. Photos 2 number 4... lurking in the shadows.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was going to say it looks like you live in AZ but then I saw the NV plate.
Well, it's a lot better than SD.
You would have to have a top case on a snowmobile.
I had a Givi before and was really happy with it.
Looks good.

Dang you Vulcan! :D

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Looks GREAT! I only wish the CTX700D was available in white... :(

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everybody.

This is my wife's bike and I took the photos on a 200 mile shakedown cruise after repairing HER crash damage. Replaced both wheels and both tires after a heavy curb shot. She scratched it up on the left side but you can't see it in the photos. Can't find any other damage (fingers crossed).

I would've liked to have mounted it a hair closer to the back seat but that's as close as I could go and still comfortably get the seat off with the trunk mounted. It still looks just fine where it is though.

The grey trim is screwed on from the inside and I am looking to pull it and paint it to match the bike when I get around to it.

Not cheap but I've found (in life) that "while sometimes you don't get what you pay for, you NEVER get what you don't pay for."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome looking bike. could you be kind and tell me what kind of support you used from GIVI and if any parts from Honda. thank you!
Ryan

·
Banned
463 Posts
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Car Automotive lighting

If anyone is looking for a top case other than Bestem or Givi there are two others to check out. One is the Kappa, which I have, the other is a Shad.

Both are mounted to the rear carrier with a removable mount.

Reactions: Effem Tee

·
Registered
278 Posts
Had a 52 litre Givi Top Case on my Silver Wing, they are pricey but you can't beat the quality, the mounting plate is sold separately. This time I went with a 46 litre Shad on the CTX, decent enough but in my opinion not quite the quality of the Givi.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Had a 52 litre Givi Top Case on my Silver Wing, they are pricey but you can't beat the quality, the mounting plate is sold separately. This time I went with a 46 litre Shad on the CTX, decent enough but in my opinion not quite the quality of the Givi.
Wow! That would put the Givi box at almost $500.00 if you add the backrest which I think should be mandatory on any box. I'm sure quality is good but is it really that good compared to all the others out there?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes, the Givi is expensive, that is why I went with the Shad this time. You can tell the quality is not quite as good as the Givi, but it will do the job just fine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts