CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CTX700, 1983 GL650
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good Day!
We are getting ready for a ride from Green Bay up to Whitefish Point Michigan and back. I have the Honda sidebags and a GIVI 55L top case.

Just ordered the Hooker kit from Dowco Powersports to add on a passenger seat bag - mostly as a backrest. The seat bag is a Kuryakyn 5284 Momentum Road Warrior.

For additional hand comfort I got a throttle lock to shake out the buzzies every now and again on straightaways. Since I have heated grips the Brakemaster is a no-go (unless they have updated). I would love a Throttlemeister but it looks like their website is now just a blog and they don’t sell products anymore.

An Air Hawk 2 air seatpad will be under my bum to cushion the ride.

A GIVI longer windshield is in place - however I will likely replace with a vented one next year.

Any thoughts as to what other accessories help on a longer ride? Pictures to come as things start arriving from delivery.

Cheers,
Monica

·
Registered
19 Posts
Whiskey. Don't forget the travelin' whiskey! I usually try and put the bottle in hard luggage so it can't injure you in a tumble.

·
Registered
2015 CTX700, 1983 GL650
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got new tires installed. Added on the Hooker straps and AirHawk seat. Also added throttle lock.

·
Registered
2015 CTX700, 1983 GL650
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you did your homework,just make sure you have the chain well oiled.Is this a 1 day ride? Are you taking HWY 41 or HWY141?jasperj
Chain lubed and can stored. Just a weekender. 41N to M35 then meandering the U.P.

·
Registered
2015 CTX700, 1983 GL650
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
M35 is nice indeed. MI-123 up through Taquamagon (sp) is also great with twisties.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
472 Posts
Think hard about keeping hydrated. Some suggest taking a deep drink of water just before you set out, and at every stop (where you can take a bathroom break). You can buy it, or carry a thermos/canteen and drink your own. I like to bring a Camelbak hydration bag that sits on my back, under my jacket, and runs a hose and mouthpiece that I can drink from while riding.

I also listen to music, too keep myself from getting hypnotized by the road. Earphones or helmet speakers, connected to your phone's music either directly or through a bluetooth device, or directly from an iPod... lots of choices there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Think hard about keeping hydrated. Some suggest taking a deep drink of water just before you set out, and at every stop (where you can take a bathroom break). You can buy it, or carry a thermos/canteen and drink your own. I like to bring a Camelbak hydration bag that sits on my back, under my jacket, and runs a hose and mouthpiece that I can drink from while riding.

I also listen to music, too keep myself from getting hypnotized by the road. Earphones or helmet speakers, connected to your phone's music either directly or through a bluetooth device, or directly from an iPod... lots of choices there.
Ditto on everything. Camel packs are a must for me. I stuff that sucker with ice too. Also another word of advice: wear ear plugs. Some cheap 35 decibel ear plugs will mitigate the highway noise while empowering noises closer to you; your earbuds. Crank that headset up all the way.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ditto on everything. Camel packs are a must for me. I stuff that sucker with ice too. Also another word of advice: wear ear plugs. Some cheap 35 decibel ear plugs will mitigate the highway noise while empowering noises closer to you; your earbuds. Crank that headset up all the way.
My favorite ear plugs:
30660494-43BB-479E-885B-655C8A48A462.jpeg

·
Registered
196 Posts
How about your tech? GPS, phone, battery packs, etc? Comms? Are you riding alone or with someone? The wife and I have Cardo Pactalk units so we can talk back and forth. Makes the ride a lot more fun when you can share it in real time.

·
Registered
308 Posts

+1 on the Camelback....It makes a big difference.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
472 Posts
Also another word of advice: wear ear plugs. Some cheap 35 decibel ear plugs will mitigate the highway noise while empowering noises closer to you; your earbuds. Crank that headset up all the way.
Well, maybe not all the way but... yeah. I wear Shure noise-canceling earbuds, which means I don't have to crank them all the way!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts