CTX 700 Forum banner

Do you want one?

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

· Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Hi,

are you still selling these harnesses? Sadly I just spliced into mine last weekend but just found this Forum this evening.

Please let me know if you're still selling these. I'd love to clean up the mess I made and just tie into this harness.

Thank you
Guy
Sorry for the delay, I had been on vacation. I am still making these on a per order basis. Now that you have a few posts on your account, you should be able to PM me (it is how the site prevents bots/spammers from sending PM's).

· Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

are you still selling these harnesses? Sadly I just spliced into mine last weekend but just found this Forum this evening.

Please let me know if you're still selling these. I'd love to clean up the mess I made and just tie into this harness.

Thank you
Guy
You might try to roll your own from the guy who had the original idea..... Honda CTX700 Bestem 929 Top Box Install

yeah that was me, back then.....

· Super Moderator
1,156 Posts

· Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
You're welcome. THAT's the reason I made the page and the effort. I kinda got annoyed when I saw pictures of MY bike in another member's "ad"...Capitalism is still alive and well I guess. :)
Some people are not comfortable with wiring which is why I offer to make the harnesses for those individuals. I really do not make money on them when you factor in the time it takes to order parts, assemble, and then ship.

I could also really annoy you and point out the flaws in your assembly process and how I have corrected them using the techniques and processes I have learned over the years building harnesses for military use and to military specifications but I have chosen to provide the service to the members here instead.

· Registered
27 Posts
Some people are not comfortable with wiring which is why I offer to make the harnesses for those individuals. I really do not make money on them when you factor in the time it takes to order parts, assemble, and then ship.

I could also really annoy you and point out the flaws in your assembly process and how I have corrected them using the techniques and processes I have learned over the years building harnesses for military use and to military specifications but I have chosen to provide the service to the members here instead.
It's wonderful that you are helping out our fellow riders offering your product. I'm glad that you can make the harness to mil specs and applaud your dedication to such a high level of precision. While true that I didn't use a crimp tool and I hacked my way through the process of making my harness, I can guarantee that it will work for me just fine. Making changes and "upgrades" to whatever I did is part of the process. I never advertised that I was a custom shop wireman or anything of the sort. I would never get annoyed at anyone improving anything. BUT...What wasn't cool is using pics of someone else's bike and posting them as your own. That's what ticked me off. I think it would annoy anyone that made the effort to share a home spun PROJECT. I don't care if you make $1 or $100 on each harness. Have at it! I just want to make sure that other garage warriors with the time and interest have the information to do it themselves if they want too.
Enjoy your day :)

· Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
It's wonderful that you are helping out our fellow riders offering your product. I'm glad that you can make the harness to mil specs and applaud your dedication to such a high level of precision. While true that I didn't use a crimp tool and I hacked my way through the process of making my harness, I can guarantee that it will work for me just fine. Making changes and "upgrades" to whatever I did is part of the process. I never advertised that I was a custom shop wireman or anything of the sort. I would never get annoyed at anyone improving anything. BUT...What wasn't cool is using pics of someone else's bike and posting them as your own. That's what ticked me off. I think it would annoy anyone that made the effort to share a home spun PROJECT. I don't care if you make $1 or $100 on each harness. Have at it! I just want to make sure that other garage warriors with the time and interest have the information to do it themselves if they want too.
Enjoy your day :)
Where did I ever claim someone else's bike was mine? Only place I used a photo that was not mine was when someone asked where the relay was located. That is the only clear photo I have found that explicitly shows the relay. And that was only because I had originally only found your webpage by accident after searching for a couple weeks to find information related to the location and the connectors needed. I had no idea you were even on the forum, or see a clear way to contact you previously to you commenting on this thread nearly two years after it was started. When you did comment about your webpage with the information to build, I 100% acknowledged the origins.

With regards to the information, if someone asks for part numbers and/or schematics I have freely provided all the information to them. There are plenty of others that do not want to tackle that aspect and that is why I volunteered my services to make the harnesses for them.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts