CTX 700 Forum banner

Do you want one?

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd be in when you do cook up the next batch. I'm ready to add more lighting to the back end of my 15. Peace, John

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I will be placing the order for parts this weekend. This will be the last bulk order I will be doing for harnesses at $40. All future harnesses will be built on an as ordered basis and will be $55.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Group buy order is closed. From here on out I will be buying parts as needed and making the harnesses on demand.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Parts are in and harnesses have been built. I am slammed with work and family commitments the next few days. Will try to get everything boxed up and shipped out by Thursday so you all have them in hand for the weekend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
  1. I want one too please!! I just posted about adding my givi light box lights and I think you answered my question and this would make it so much easier!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
  1. I want one too please!! I just posted about adding my givi light box lights and I think you answered my question and this would make it so much easier!
Yes, send @explorecaves private message and you can negotiate one of his harnesses. It does the job perfectly for accessing the run, brake, and turn signal wiring.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Responded to your message.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 2014 CTX with Sissy bar/backrest/rack with passenger grab handles installed. I'm thinking of adding a rear trunk with brake and turn signal lighting, but THINK I'd probably have to remove all these rack parts (on both sides) to access the wiring. Am I correct? I'm new to this, and wondering how much work this would be. Any help appreciated, as I can't find any posts or video on removing all this stuff. If it's not too bad, I'm interested in one of your wire extensions.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I just bought a 2014 CTX with Sissy bar/backrest/rack with passenger grab handles installed. I'm thinking of adding a rear trunk with brake and turn signal lighting, but THINK I'd probably have to remove all these rack parts (on both sides) to access the wiring. Am I correct? I'm new to this, and wondering how much work this would be. Any help appreciated, as I can't find any posts or video on removing all this stuff. If it's not too bad, I'm interested in one of your wire extensions.
Yes, you have to remove all that (only 4 bolts) in order to remove the left rear panel (an additional 1/2 dozen or so bolts and/or push clips). Under that panel is the relay, and wire harness connection that you’d be plugging into with my harness. Look up videos on installing saddlebag mounts as many require some level of disassembly bef install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the quick response! I forgot to mention, the bike also has the Honda hard case saddlebags on the sides too. It looks like those MIGHT come off along when the rack/rest/grab bars are removed though? If I can find a top case that is compatible with my current rack set up I'd like to get one of your extensions.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Thanks for the quick response! I forgot to mention, the bike also has the Honda hard case saddlebags on the sides too. It looks like those MIGHT come off along when the rack/rest/grab bars are removed though? If I can find a top case that is compatible with my current rack set up I'd like to get one of your extensions.
Those bags are removable. Release the locking latch and then pull them rearward. As for top cases, there are plenty on threads here with pictures for you to look at. Browse the forum a bit. The most popular ones will be GIVI or SHAD with the cheap eBay knockoffs close behind.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Here is a video that shows how to remove the CTX rear side cowling. You only need to remove the left side to access the wiring connector, though. The inner supports shown in this video are already there.

Reactions: 350Four

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those bags are removable. Release the locking latch and then pull them rearward. As for top cases, there are plenty on threads here with pictures for you to look at. Browse the forum a bit. The most popular ones will be GIVI or SHAD with the cheap eBay knockoffs close behind.
THANKS ExploreCaves! I would like to order one of your wiring extensions. Please let me know how to proceed and pay. I have PayPal if that's your preferred method.
I found what looks like a good top case that has the lighting I want and also appears to be a good color match for my Pearl White bike. It's from "Matuza", so I hope it works ok. Thanks again, waiting to hear from you. You can contact me direct

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is a video that shows how to remove the CTX rear side cowling. You only need to remove the left side to access the wiring connector, though. The inner supports shown in this video are already there on your bike.

THANKS Professor*76 I really appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
THANKS ExploreCaves! I would like to order one of your wiring extensions. Please let me know how to proceed and pay. I have PayPal if that's your preferred method.
I found what looks like a good top case that has the lighting I want and also appears to be a good color match for my Pearl White bike. It's from "Matuza", so I hope it works ok. Thanks again, waiting to hear from you. You can contact me direct at:
Email sent. Also, you may want to edit your post to remove your email address so you don’t get a bunch of spam from the bots that troll the web....

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
For those curious, I am still making these on an order by order basis. Current lead times are running about 2.5-3 weeks total due to shipping delays around the country.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts