CTX 700 Forum banner

Do you want one?

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I did the math. If I can do a bulk order of parts to supply a dozen harnesses or more at a time, then I can keep the price down to $40 each. If I need to make individual orders for parts, the price jumps up to $55 each due to the increase of S&H per harness for me to get the piece parts.

I will be starting a list for those that want to wait for another bulk buy (now is the time to start planning your winter projects). Payment will not be required until there are enough people willing to pay.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I have received a little interest for another round of bulk harness parts but based on the numbers so far, I do not expect a bulk order to happen until closer to springtime. If you are wanting to tackle rear lighting during the winter non-riding season, now is the time to start planning. I can still make individual orders but the price does go up to $55 per harness.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
If anybody is thinking of getting one of these I can say from experience they are top notch quality and make your life much easier when trying to splice into your wiring. I wish I would have had it when I added my chain oiler but I didn't. However it did make my latest addition much easier. It's not that you can't access the wiring in the rear of the bike there is just no slack and the way the factory bundles it up you have unwrap all that to access what you need tap in and then put it all back together. Then you have spliced into your factory wiring. With this harness and the extra length of wire you have the slack you need to easily add accessories without touching your factory wiring. If you then have an issue it will be far easier to track it down. Also you have the advantage to be able to do your wiring on a work bench or table rather than crouched down by the side of the bike then you just plug it up.

So if you are on the fence about one of these just get off and grab one.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
@TNCTX700N Thank you for the kind words. I don't offer up anything I wouldn't personally use. I am lucky enough to have the experience to know what level of quality is needed to survive 30+ years of use. I have faith my assembly of these can survive that long as I inspect every crimp prior to insertion into the connector.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I am planning on installing the ADMore Lighting kit for my Shad SH36 side cases. All they have for the CTX700 is the universal wiring (fits all motorcycles).
I think your wiring harness would work well here. it needs to include running lights, brake light, and turn signals. Please let me know when I can order.

https://admorelighting.com/product/shad-sh36-side-case-led-bi-color-kit/
I can add you to the next order of parts ($40 shipped to lower 48 for the harness and you wait for a bulk order to be processed - likely wont be until spring and that is when payment would be due) or I can place an order for your harness parts now and you pay an additional $15 ($55 total).

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Just to verify does your harness also include turn signals?
Pass through of all signals on the rear of the bike. Ground, Running, Brake, Left Turn, and Right Turn signals.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Is the harness made with stranded wire? I have posi-tap connectors on order.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Is the harness made with stranded wire? I have posi-tap connectors on order.
Yes, stranded wire with silicone wire insulation that pairs well with the silicone seals in the connector bodies.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Do I have to wait until spring? I'm confused, Is the price going to remain the same @ $55 weather you do 1 @ at time or a bulk?
If you want it now, I can place an order for your parts now and it will be $55.

If you want to wait for a bulk order (likely in the spring time unless there is a sudden surge in requests), then the price will be $40. I am keeping a log of those that want to wait and I will contact prior to ordering parts to confirm you still want the harness.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Looking like I will have some free time at the end of the year to make some more harnesses. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
196 Posts
This was well worth having when connecting my top case brake light. Unplug the Honda harness, plug this one inline, connect the wires and Beto's your uncle.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I will be placing an order for parts in the next couple weeks if anyone is interested (PM's will be going out later today for those that have expressed interest since the last order was placed). This will likely be my last group buy purchase and will only make them on demand after this order. That means this will be the last time to get them for $40 shipped to the lower 48. After this order is done, price will be $55 shipped to the lower 48.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts