CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to this forum, got a 2014 Ctx700n that had been wrecked and I brought it back to life. Love this bike as it basically became my first motorcycle... except for one small issue. The Gas tank is stuck on half. I've seen a video where someone else had this issue but it wasn't brought up. Any ideas on what can cause this/ what I can do to fix it?

·
Super Moderator
1,110 Posts
The most logical cause would be a stuck/broken sending unit float or arm. Likely gonna have to remove the fuel pump/sending unit assembly to see what is up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well sir you are correct! haha. I took it all apart, the float and arm are just non-existent so in the process of finding a new one/ something that can replace it so I have at least an idea of how much fuel I have left. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Well sir you are correct! haha. I took it all apart, the float and arm are just non-existent so in the process of finding a new one/ something that can replace it so I have at least an idea of how much fuel I have left. Thank you!
Possible E-15 to E-85 ethanol gas related damage. Gas w/ethanol over 10% (E-10) must not be used in our bikes and many other vehicles, also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts