CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I decided I want a new bike last sunday and started looking online and quickly decided I want an CTX700. I had to impatiently wait till tuesday to actually look at one. I took off work and looked at them. I decided then and there I was going to get their white one and add the extended winshield and hard bags. Did the credit check and they turned me down. I was mad at first cause of their bs reason they gave. It would have been paid off in about 2 years anyway. So, I figure I am going to save and pay for it in cash in about the same time frame or less with no intrest(Honda's loss). They wouldn't really do any trade ins-either. In another way it was ok cause it would have been my 4th bike in current inventory. The past week I have been reaserching this bike and looking hard at the 9 major brands and this bike was the only one I really wanted for what I'm needing and well priced, next near was starting at 20k. So today I finalized my plan to to save and buy one in cash which will probably be a 2015 model when that time comes.

I figured I would say hello now. I'm not new to motorcycles nor forums. A couple days ago I sold one of my bikes to start financing this future bike. I'm a daily and full year rider and love to ride and mod bikes. I don't have patience so it will be hard for me to wait. It is also the first bike I will buy new that I actually planned on getting. It will be the full fairing mostly dressed manual version. I already know what I'm going to do to the bike and what I will do with her. So, I wait....

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
welcome to the forum Rebel13. Many of us started with old beater bikes and now have new CTX bikes. It's good to have goal. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I plan to have the funds by September 2014, give or take a month or two. Being that late in the year, I will still wait for a 2015 model unless I get a super deal on a 2014 which I don't see happening.

·
Registered
975 Posts
According to the powersports spies, by the time the 2015 model comes out, it may be a CTX725 with a 720 cc motor.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
And maybe in 2016 it will be a 749cc motor which would even be better. I would wait and see, sure would not want to end up with an old motor.

Just funning...

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You never know what manufactures have in store, you can't predict or listen to rumors. They will not tell you their plans, cause it would mess up sales. They intend that you buy one, they change it some and then you buy the newer one. I bought the debut Ninja 650 back in 06. They put the same motor in the Versys and still make both to this day. They remodeled the Ninja twice since then, body and frame, but never touched the engine. I wish mine had some of the newer better styling, but I won't buy another one for that alone. I still have the 06 and modded it to my liking.

And again, if sales are not that great, they will drop the project all together like the DN-01. The CTX is a redevelopment of the DN-01 with slightly better styling and comfort a bit more power and most importantly with a manual version. The CTX will be better at sales then the DN-01 was cause it is either a motorcycle or a scooter, buyer gets to decide which they want and there are far more motorcycle then scooter enthusiasts which means more sales.

·
Registered
975 Posts
According to the powersports spies, by the time the 2015 model comes out, it may be a CTX725 with a 720 cc motor.
This a little more than just wild speculation. The 720 cc power train is a certified rumor spread by reliable sources to reliable media outlets to replace the 670, at least in the NC series and in the Integra models that I shared in a previous thread. No word specifically on the CTX, but it would only stand to reason to retool all of them eventually. Here is the link a second time:

Bidik Eropa, Honda Dongkrak Mesin NC700 — KOMPAS Otomotif

I think Honda probably purposely let this one leak out, but of course they've not made it official so as not to hurt current sales and to leave themselves an out if the economy were to turn sour. OEMs always leave themselves open to nix a project, so there is no guarantee it will come to fruition, but I do believe that it is their plan at this time. The information is too specific and so are the reasons given.

The reason I say there is no guarantee even though it is the plan is that sometimes OEMs change their minds. In '06, all of the Big Three had plans to offer a diesel-powered half ton pickup truck. We even new the displacements of each, where they would be built, who would build them, and the cylinder configurations of each: GM would make their own at a newly-built plant in N.Y. It was to be a 4.5-liter V8 Duramax. Duramax was the engine name for diesel engines built by their subsidiary, D-Max corporation, which started as a partnership between GM and Isuzu and then later GM bought out Isuzu's share in the project after they had learned everything Isuzu knew about diesel engines.

Ford's would be built in Mexico at the same location that they would build their new 6.7-liter V8 Powerstroke for the new Super Duties after they finished arbitration with International and were free to build and market their own diesel engine. The F150 was to get a 4.4-liter V8. This engine and also the new 6.7 came from the European 3.6-liter that they had developed in partnership with Peugeot (like Isuzu, another leader in diesel engine technologies). Ford went ahead with production of the 4.4, but sells it in markets outside the U.S. only. Chrysler had contracted with Cummins who built a new plant in Ohio just for the new half-ton engine. It was to be a 5.0 V8 and Cummins was also toying with a 4.5 V-6 for other Chrysler vehicles to be built at the same facility.

When the Automobile crash occurred in '08-'09, GM announced plans to nix the diesel program. Within two days, Ford and Chrysler dropped their plans as well, and we still have no diesel half tons. That's why I state there is no guarantee, but it is highly likely we will see a 720 cc motor to replace the 670.

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's only been a hair over two weeks since I decided to get this bike. I'm very impatient! I still have a loooong wait before I get the bike, but the money and parts are already starting to collect! Cup holder, breather, accessory plug, spools, and wire upgrade. I also have a gps and mount that will come off my Ninja and go on when I get the bike.
More parts to come, but mainly after I get the bike.

·
Registered
585 Posts
670 will be around

the 670cc engine is now going into the new nc4 bike and not the new engine (720 or 800 ) ... so i ask honda.why retool the line on an existing model ? LW
It's only been a hair over two weeks since I decided to get this bike. I'm very impatient! I still have a loooong wait before I get the bike, but the money and parts are already starting to collect! Cup holder, breather, accessory plug, spools, and wire upgrade. I also have a gps and mount that will come off my Ninja and go on when I get the bike.
More parts to come, but mainly after I get the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts