CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Does anyone know what this connector is for? I couldn't find another posting related to this on the forum for this one. Sorry if I missed it. This is on a 2014 CTX 700 N DCT.
Thank you,
David

·
Registered
642 Posts
That’s a 4 wire flat trailer hitch wire harness plug. Most likely added by the previous owner to add brake and running lights to a rear top box. I used the same plug to do the same job to easily disconnect the brake and running light harness from my top box when I remove it on my CTX700NDE.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I agree with dgall about the type of connector, but it appears to be a potential problem to me. The 3 metal post could be "hot" when the brake lights or blinkers are activated, if the metal should contact the frame of the bike it would cause a short circuit to ground which can blow a fuse or even cause greater problems. The mate to this plug is naturally a female and should have been used here, if you do not remove this connector I would at least cover it with electrical tape to prevent any problems.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree with dgall about the type of connector, but it appears to be a potential problem to me. The 3 metal post could be "hot" when the brake lights or blinkers are activated, if the metal should contact the frame of the bike it would cause a short circuit to ground which can blow a fuse or even cause greater problems. The mate to this plug is naturally a female and should have been used here, if you do not remove this connector I would at least cover it with electrical tape to prevent any problems.
I have the same thoughts on the matter.jasperj

1 - 10 of 10 Posts