CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there is a "price" tread here, but things change rather rapidly and I thought maybe somebody, who have recently purchased a 2015 CTX Blue with Fairing DCT could give me some advise here. Or, for that matter, anyone who knows today's market, please let me know what you think...
I finally found a dealer in Upstate NY who let me test ride the DCT! I liked the bike a lot.
So, they have 2014 red DCT Faired for $7,400 plus tax and tags.
Then there is the 2015 Blue Faired DCT for $8,400 plus tax and tags.
So, they eventually dropped the price for the blue 2015 DCT to $7,800 plus tax and tags (is there a way to avoid "tags" thing?).
The question is, should I keep fighting to lower the price further, or that's where the market is right now and they don't go any lower?
Thanks for your input.
P.S. The 2015 model has slightly better seat, with more pronounce butt stop.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I love my 2015 blue dct. I like the red too. they seem to be fairly priced to me. I paid full retail but I needed two and they made it happen. I am very pleased. Pick the one you want. It will be yours.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
MSRP for the 2015 CTX700 DCT/ABS (Faired) is $8099.00 with a delivery charge of $350.00. Most dealerships will also try to tack on a assembly charge of $150-350.00 as a negotiating point. All of this is negotiable. With a price of $8400.00, your just at the very beginning of the negotiating stage since they are basically reducing the price by $49.00. I would certainly try t nock this down $400-600.00. Offer them $8000.00 for the 2015 and $7200.00 for the 2014 if its also a DCT. I certainly wouldn't have a problem buying the 2014 so long as its a DCT. Only difference between the two is the color and seat. The 2014 is a much better deal if its a DCT.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Offer them $8000.00 for the 2015 and $7200.00 for the 2014 if its also a DCT.
They already agreed on $7,800 for the 2015 Blue plus tax and tags though... Which is DCT with a fairing. I'm not crazy about both colors, red or blue, so I guess I'm pushing them for the 2015 purely for the reason of resale value in the future, if I decide to upgrade to something else later. In your opinion, should I stop pushing them and bite it, or try some more? What's the market right now?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
They already agreed on $7,800 for the 2015 Blue plus tax and tags though... Which is DCT with a fairing. I'm not crazy about both colors, red or blue, so I guess I'm pushing them for the 2015 purely for the reason of resale value in the future, if I decide to upgrade to something else later. In your opinion, should I stop pushing them and bite it, or try some more? What's the market right now?
Thanks.
These bikes don't really retain their value i've noticed, so if your buying this because you really intend to ride the crap out of it until it doesn't work anymore then go for it, otherwise i don't see the logic doing it for resale value.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These bikes don't really retain their value I've noticed, so if your buying this because you really intend to ride the crap out of it until it doesn't work anymore then go for it, otherwise i don't see the logic doing it for resale value.
To find a bike that I really like and want to keep until "it doesn't work anymore" is my dream... so far haven't found it, maybe the CTX will be IT. Hopefully. Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have you checked cycletrader.com? Search to get an idea of what the dealer's asking price is for this bike in your area.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you checked cycletrader.com? Search to get an idea of what the dealer's asking price is for this bike in your area.
Yes, I did. Most of them keep ads there just to make people call them. And after you call them, they tell you all different story, they add freight, assembly fees and it comes to complete waste of time really...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes, I did. Most of them keep ads there just to make people call them. And after you call them, they tell you all different story, they add freight, assembly fees and it comes to complete waste of time really...
Yeah, they will do that. They want to get the most money out of you, but remember that with the exception of the tax and tag fees, all other fees are negotiable. It helps to have an idea what the bike pricing and model availability is in your area so you can estimate what you are willing to pay for it. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
It all comes down to you, your budget and what your willing to pay for it. Anyone who bought a new 2014 bike definitely paid a lot more for it than owners are paying for the 2015 due to the price reduction. I bought mine when they first came out so paid even more. Even so, I still think it was worth it and never even think about it until somebody raises the question. I like it and have been willing to put even more money into it on accessories and mods to make it perfect for me. With the DCT, it's definitely a keeper. If it ever becomes necessary to replace it, I'll certainly buy another one unless something better comes along. That's a pretty tall order since this is my favorite bike. With 28,000 miles in just two years at 65mpg, I've certainly gotten my moneys worth out of it.

·
Banned
1,571 Posts
nick13;328441. So said:
2015 DCT[/B] to $7,800 plus tax and tags (is there a way to avoid "tags" thing?).

yep, you can "avoid tags thing".
Keep the bike in the garage and there is no need for "tags". If you don't drive it on the road you don't need them. It is what your state charges for the license plate/registration on the rear of the bike-has nothing to do with the dealer, except he provides it at purchase so you don't have to trot over to the local DMV and do it yourself.
Your VTX 1300 has tags as does your car (if you have one).
The '15 at 7800 is a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BAM!
Found Blue 2015 Faired DCT for $7.580 plus tax & tags in NYC! No long trips to pick it up. Going in tomorrow. Dealer told me over the phone it will be assembled by 11 AM tomorrow. Trading-in my 2006 VTX1300C, they promised $3.500 for it. Will see...
Big thanks to everyone for your help!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thats great! Post some pics once you get it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check NJ too

Cycletrader shows one of the same blue faired DCT at a place called Motorcycle Mall in Belleville, NJ (Near Newark). Of course it shows list price but this place is probably one of the biggest dealers in the metro area, so the deals should be pretty good. I don't know how the state transfer from NJ to NY would work though, since I live in NJ.
At the very least they're worth calling..888-350-1840

Best of luck!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cycletrader shows one of the same blue faired DCT at a place called Motorcycle Mall in Belleville, NJ
Thanks. I called them, the price is same like I already got in NYC - $7,500. I think it's good enough. I'm going in tomorrow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts