CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making a laundry list of MODS I want to do to my bike. I have already gotten;
New handle grips, palm rest, handle grip wind guard
Will be getting a new denali horn
I am stuck on fork lighting and hoping to connect to a rocker switch so they are not on all the time.

Any suggestions of led lights I could use on the forks for additional lighting?

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
I am making a laundry list of MODS I want to do to my bike. I have already gotten;
I am stuck on fork lighting and hoping to connect to a rocker switch so they are not on all the time.

Here's a thread I posted a few months ago showing led additions to my hard bags and crash bars. I included an Amazon link that shows several led arrays that could be mounted to forks also. Greater visibility is always a good addition.(y):) Good luck with yours.

Reactions: Ira

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have the Skene LEDs on the front. Pricey but very attention getting. I would strongly recommend getting a small switched power box, or making your own. No need for a switch that way, and no worries about forgetting to turn off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a thread I posted a few months ago showing led additions to my hard bags and crash bars. I included an Amazon link that shows several led arrays that could be mounted to forks also. Greater visibility is always a good addition.(y):) Good luck with yours.

Professor, thank you for the help. I did see that picture hunting around but as of right now I do not have crash bars. I see you have them on your bike, where did you get your bars from?

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Professor, thank you for the help. I did see that picture hunting around but as of right now I do not have crash bars. I see you have them on your bike, where did you get your bars from?
Kimberlynn, the crash bars are from Fehling out of Germany. You can google them or search the forum for my installation thread. If you scroll down that Amazon link, though, you will see several different led offerings that can be mounted to the forks. They are spot light types and also led flexible strips. They may be more useful to you.

Reactions: Ira

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
452 Posts
ADVMonster makes a lot of great LED lights from fork mounting. I put a set on last year, and I love the extra light. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Keep in mind that mounting anything on the fork sliders
(1) Increases unsprung weight
(2) Subjects that thing to extreme jolts & vibration.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX700ND
27 Posts

I got the attached Denali's and love them. They come with both a clear lens and a fog light lens. I stuck to the clear lens. Lights up the road real nice....

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep in mind that mounting anything on the fork sliders
(1) Increases unsprung weight
(2) Subjects that thing to extreme jolts & vibration.
I guess I should had been more specific of where I was thinking of putting the lights... I was going to put them on the fork tube about 4" up from the reflectors, not on the forks themselves. Sorry.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I guess I should had been more specific of where I was thinking of putting the lights... I was going to put them on the fork tube about 4" up from the reflectors, not on the forks themselves. Sorry.
View attachment 88142
Right. 4" up from the reflectors is on the "fork-sliders" - the part of the fork assembly which moves up and down with the wheel to absorb bumps and holes in the road. :coffee:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts