CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't seem to get much respect for our DCT's, but check out the February 2020 issue of Hot Rod Magazine. Ford and Tremec have developed a 7-speed DCT for the 2020 Shelby GT500. Ford manual transmission advocates will be aghast!

·
Registered
669 Posts
2020 Vette has a Tremec built 8 speed DCT.

Reactions: CTX2fer

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
howdy
as far a dct transmissions, heavy trucks use them and they have great reviews. they are lighter, faster and get better fuel mileage. my point is that everywhere from 30 pounds of torque to 1800 pounds of torque, they are the go-to future. lighter, faster and we have the technology: better than the 6 million dollar human.
ken

·
Registered
669 Posts
Fun Facts :)

The numbers are small but significant: in the third quarter of 2019, J.D. Power data shows, more Americans bought electric vehicles than chose a manual transmission for their car.

About 1.9 percent of car buyers chose EVs, but 1.1 percent chose manual transmissions in new vehicles.

·
Registered
504 Posts
howdy
as far a dct transmissions, heavy trucks use them and they have great reviews. they are lighter, faster and get better fuel mileage. my point is that everywhere from 30 pounds of torque to 1800 pounds of torque, they are the go-to future. lighter, faster and we have the technology: better than the 6 million dollar human.
ken
can you tell us what heavy trucks have DCT?
I like mechanical stuff and would like to read up.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
howdy , yes, volvo was essentially the first during my truck driving days but i think it's now available in most brands. recently there was a side=by-side between volvo with dct and kenworth without in australia. search dct in heavy trucking.
ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts