CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told for taller riders such as myself 6'2" at 250lbs I should go for one that doesnt have fairings as it might bother my legs, but my question is can one still attach a tall windscreen to it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am 6' 4" 250 and my knees hit the tank. It is not the fairing my knees hit. I have no problem with the fairing. I do not personally like it, but my wife does (it is her bike).

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
No way for you to know without actually going to a dealership and sitting on one with your legs on the front pegs. The fairing model is the way to go if you prefer a true windshield. Skip the OEM and order a 22" Cee Bailey aftermarket windshield with vent. You will not be disappointed. I've tried all three windshields and the Cee Bailey is fantastic! No buffeting and very comfortable. Cant say the same for the OEM or Madstad. Madstad is marked improvement over the OEM but doesn't compare to the cee Bailey. My passenger loves the Cee Bailey as well and says its a great improvement over the other two. Huge reduction in buffeting for her.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I was told for taller riders such as myself 6'2" at 250lbs I should go for one that doesnt have fairings as it might bother my legs, but my question is can one still attach a tall windscreen to it?
yes, there are lots of windshields that can be attached to a standard or naked bike.

In our area there is a cycle re-cycler that has about 50 different salvaged late model bikes or sale. If there is one around you, go check them out. also you need to do your homework and go around to different shops and sit on various new bikes. As long as you don't knock them over or scrape your boot across the back fender, most dealers don't mind a potential customer sitting of one.
good luck.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am 6’2 and I have no problem with the tank or fairing. I looking at getting the çee bailuy wimdshield.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am 6'5" and 240 pounds, and quite comfortable on the 700N. I do not fit on the fairing model. I ride with a Fulmer helmet with a windscreen, and if one sits straight in the saddle there is no buffeting, and the bike tracks true. Now if you were to fit an aftermarket windshield, my choice would be to modify a National Cycle Dakota windshield to fit the bike. The windshield is very forgiving of crosswinds. By the way, I have ridden for years with windshields, and am more than very pleased with this bike without one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts