CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a NOS Givi model 1133FZ rear rack for sale, complete with all the factory supplied necessary bolt and spacers. It was totally unused except for sitting on my shelf for 3 years and attempting to mount it up today with the JFC Bracketz for a test fitting. (Failed, however).

Givi and Amazon both sell it for $115 delivered to the lower 48, but I'll save you a bundle and send it to you for only $85 sent USPS Flat Rate.

Send me a PM if interested!:)

·
Super Moderator
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was asked this question: "Do you know if this will work with a Corbin seat?"

The way this rack mounts on the rear, I cannot see any potential interference with any seat made. The Shad, yes, does get in the way of the Corbin, but not this unit. As I announced the other day, the Givi won't work with the JFC Bracketz, but it stays way clear of the seat area.

If anyone out there knows otherwise, feel free to share. :nerd:

·
Super Moderator
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sent you an offer and haven't heard back. I'm never sure when computers are involved.
Actually, you were 2nd in line and I sent you a PM on Oct 27th as follows:

Sorry Roger, but Donna came thru just as I was leaving, so she gets the rack.

Regards,
Bob

Quoting from my own Book Of Proverbs: "The real miracle is that this stuff works at all! (1st Bob 11:14)"
:(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually, you were 2nd in line and I sent you a PM on Oct 27th as follows:

Sorry Roger, but Donna came thru just as I was leaving, so she gets the rack.

Regards,
Bob

Quoting from my own Book Of Proverbs: "The real miracle is that this stuff works at all! (1st Bob 11:14)"
:(
Hi Bob, I realize you have already sold these, just looking for some info. So I have acquired a set of Givi V35. A day before I found the Givi saddlebags I ordered the saddlebag brackets from Grille Tech. Along with the V35s I got a Givi monokey top box as well and a set of V35 brackets that were designed for a 2008 Spyder trike. Yeah strange collection but only paid $100 for all the Givi stuff. Ok back to my main question. Why did the Givi 1133FZ not work with the JFC brackets? I saw on another post where the 1133FZ were the Givi brackets to use if you wanted to also do saddlebags. For these reasons I'm confused as to why the 1133FZ and JFC brackets don't work together and wonder if some modifications would allow them to work? Thanks in advance for your insight. Don

·
Super Moderator
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Bob, I realize you have already sold these, just looking for some info. So I have acquired a set of Givi V35. A day before I found the Givi saddlebags I ordered the saddlebag brackets from Grille Tech. Along with the V35s I got a Givi monokey top box as well and a set of V35 brackets that were designed for a 2008 Spyder trike. Yeah strange collection but only paid $100 for all the Givi stuff. Ok back to my main question. Why did the Givi 1133FZ not work with the JFC brackets? I saw on another post where the 1133FZ were the Givi brackets to use if you wanted to also do saddlebags. For these reasons I'm confused as to why the 1133FZ and JFC brackets don't work together and wonder if some modifications would allow them to work? Thanks in advance for your insight. Don
I don't remember much about exactly why the Givi wouldn't work other than the way it attached prevented installation of the Bracketz. You can use one, but not the other. Perhaps @mtvic will chime in with his recollections.

·
Super Moderator
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure either. I have old Givi side bags bolted to the Brackets, but a Shad top case, so issues with the Shad.
Looks like multiple cases of CRS Mike. No, I had the GIVI rear rack arms at the time and during our session, we put one side on to verify the failure to work with the JFC Bracketz. Since you have 2 Hondas, I was hoping you'd remember more detail. o_O

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bob, I was hoping it was maybe an issue where some small modifications might work out. I may be selling a set of JFC brackets soon. I just mounted the JFC brackets and can confirm that what Grille Tech is now shipping is perfect. VERY stout and allow a slight bit of movement in or out from the bike. Once the bolts are tightened up everything is super solid. Well I ain't giving up just yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm also considering a Corbin seat and I hear the Shad trunk doesn't play well with Corbin seats. Dang luggage choices for the CTX700 seem slim and tricky.

·
Super Moderator
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm also considering a Corbin seat and I hear the Shad trunk doesn't play well with Corbin seats. Dang luggage choices for the CTX700 seem slim and tricky.
If I remember correctly, if you let Corbin know that you have a Shad trunk shelf, they can cut back a bit in the back to make it fit.

Otherwise you can learn from me. I first got a used "normal" Corbin then sold it and ordered a $900 custom "low profile" Corbin and finally I ordered an even more expensive Russell Day-Long, which to me is the ultimate seat (although I understand that Laam is a close 2nd). Both the Day-long and Laam need a stock seat pan, and either one is worth the wait, but my vote goes to the Russell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts