CTX 700 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
You absolutely can put driver pegs on w/o stealing the set for your passenger - I've done so. You simply drill and tap what is already there on the bike. I bought 10mm screw-in footpegs (10mm X 1.25 thread pitch). 8mm versions might be enough, but I'm happy I went larger - you can absolutely stand up on them. For a 10mm bolt version, simply drill with a 11/32" bit then tap. I bought these: Amazon.com: WPS Folding Footpegs - Universal for Suzuki 54-05410: Automotive. Should have realized by getting pegs with silver caps that I'd need to paint them, though. Pics specifically show left side of bike, since it has a plastic shield you'll need to trim - right side does not.

·
Super Moderator
3,358 Posts
You absolutely can put driver pegs on w/o stealing the set for your passenger - I've done so. You simply drill and tap what is already there on the bike. I bought 10mm screw-in footpegs (10mm X 1.25 thread pitch). 8mm versions might be enough, but I'm happy I went larger - you can absolutely stand up on them. For a 10mm bolt version, simply drill with a 11/32" bit then tap. I bought these: Amazon.com: WPS Folding Footpegs - Universal for Suzuki 54-05410: Automotive. Should have realized by getting pegs with silver caps that I'd need to paint them, though. Pics specifically show left side of bike, since it has a plastic shield you'll need to trim - right side does not. View attachment 86337
View attachment 86338
I did the same thing back in 2017 and went one step higher by using a drill/tap for a 12mm bolt. I later adjusted the attachment and replaced folding pegs with a set of Kuryakyn Mini-footboards that I'm much more happy with. In fact, since mine is a trike that has a Russell DayLong seat with a full sized rider backrest in the way, I use the mid-footboards as my primary mount/dismount point in order to get my 75 year old right foot over the backrest.

Complete documentation w/photos is contained at this location: :cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
CTX DCT foot pegs & floor boards

I installed some old BMW foot pegs I had in the garage. They work fine.
That's all fine and dandy, but the result of your mod is you exposed the ugly exhaust pipe that was previously hidden by the shield. It's pretty hot right where your center foot peg is.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts