CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a CTX700 be fitted with standard footpegs? This is my first bike with forward pegs/controls. I'd like to be able to stand on pegs when I see bumps coming or during certain turns. With the forward controls, my butt/back will be taking the shocks of bumps:eek:. I'd like to keep the forward controls as well for comfort on longer rides.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Welcome to the forum mdrehm51. The basic answer is no. Several members have tried with poor results. The problem is the seat height of the CTX. There just isn't enough leg room there to make pegs work.

One thing you might want to consider is mounting Kuryakyn 8" floor boards. These allow mre room to work with and can help allow you to push up off the seat a small amount to ease the shock of large bumps. They are very popular with our members and you can find them all over the forum in various threads by doing a search.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I too found this annoying, coming from two previous standard bikes. While I can't stand on the pegs I can get my arse off the seat a little by pulling on the handlebars. Floorboards... only if your over 70.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Whatever floats your boat. ��.
I love my Kuryakyn Long Floorboards.....and I'm barely halfway to 70 years old. All day comfort with countless footing positions.

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
Actually I am going to get some, it's part of my upgrades. I find that having my feet in the same position (with stock pegs) for hours gets very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
151 Posts
OK, kids! I was around (but just by a very little) When Franklin Delano Roosevelt was ending his FIRST term as President. Any history detectives here will be able to determine my birth date - or very close.

Back on topic. The major flaw in both the NC700 and CVT700 series is foot placement. One is too far back and one is too far forward. Life is just one compromise after another!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I did the Gonzo shock mod and it made a big difference to the quality of the ride. I live on a dirt road that would compare to any of the pot holes, up north. I move to FL from NH, about 30 years ago, but I haven't forgot what it was like. The mod to the shock made the 4.33 inches of travel, much more usable. I can sail up this road at 15-20mph and never bounce out of the seat. No bottoming out. Just a very controllable ride. Don't need to pull out of the seat. I'm 68 and need to have a comfortable ride. Another road that I use, for my Dunkin runs, is just some mix in place blacktop and as rough as most roads in New England, and it's very easy to use now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. This is what I suspected. I hoped I'd be able to use my legs to supplement the suspension as on all previous bikes I've owned.

I then went to the suspension adjustment thread and concluded I may have to play with the rear spring adjustment to improve my ride. I live in PA and our roads leave a lot to be desired. I've experienced some pretty sharp bumps on rural roads with just me on the limited riding I've done since buying the bike. With clothing, gear, and me, I probably weigh in a little over 200#. Putting my wife on the back will make that more severe, I'd think, as we'll be close to the load limit of the bike.

·
Registered
38 Posts
CTX DCT foot pegs & floor boards

Can a CTX700 be fitted with standard footpegs? This is my first bike with forward pegs/controls. I'd like to be able to stand on pegs when I see bumps coming or during certain turns. With the forward controls, my butt/back will be taking the shocks of bumps:eek:. I'd like to keep the forward controls as well for comfort on longer rides.
I installed some old BMW foot pegs I had in the garage. They work fine.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,117 Posts
Can you explain how to do this please?
Welcome to our world! I'm not sure how @dale1721ctx did his, but click on the last link in my signature below to see how I did mine. BTW, I use my mid-pegs all the time. First to mount/dismount my trike every time I ride, and very frequently when I'm on a stretch of back country road. Easy/peasy and very inexpensive!

While I'm at it, here's my usual "nag" for noobs. To increase our enjoyment of your future posts, you should put your location (usually city/state) in your profile. Since you are new to this forum (and they are all different!).

Here's how to edit your Profile for your location:
1) Click on "User CP" tab in the upper right corner of this screen. If you don't see it, you are not at the top level. Scroll all the way up and it is just under the Search dialog.
2) Once on the User CP (Control Panel) page you'll see "Edit Your Details" click on the upper left side frame entry labeled "Your Profile"
3) Now scroll down to "Additional Information" & click "Location." Just put in your location at whatever level of detail you prefer (Country, Region, State/Prov, and/or City).
4) Continue to scroll down until you see "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page, click that and you are done.
:D

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Mid Peg Idea Out of The Box Perfect for Me

Mid Peg install I have had on my CTX for 4 years. Excellent relief position on long trips, supplements suspension with legs, do not cafe race around corners or stand on the with full body weight, why would you? Otherwise perfect for me. All K P4190001.jpg ury products.

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
Mid Peg install I have had on my CTX for 4 years. Excellent relief position on long trips, supplements suspension with legs, do not cafe race around corners or stand on the with full body weight, why would you? Otherwise perfect for me. All Kury products. View attachment 83561
Red Rider, would you be so kind as to share what products from Kury you used to achieve this? The mini-floorboards I can see, but what parts did you put together there to reach from the passenger pegs to where you attached the boards, please?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Here are the part numbers:

(1) (two per pkg) Kury Spline Adaptors - #8188

(4) (two per pkg) Includes enough for both sides. Kury Adjustable Offsets - #4559

(1) (two per pkg) Premium Mini Board - #4393

Red Rider :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Here are the part numbers:

(1) (two per pkg) Kury Spline Adaptors - #8188

(4) (two per pkg) Includes enough for both sides. Kury Adjustable Offsets - #4559

(1) (two per pkg) Premium Mini Board - #4393

Red Rider :)
Spline Adaptors used to connect the offsets to the existing passenger peg mount, or to attach the mini-board to the offsets?

Pardon the nit-picky questions. I have a set of Kury adjustable highway pegs off my husband's last bike that are gathering dust in the garage, and I'm picturing a new purpose for them. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts