CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a manual model CTX700. I was wondering if anyone with a Manual model has added floor boards and how they work with the shift lever.

I saw several on the forum with the DCT but could not find any with the Manual.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
JoeyC, quite a few members with the manual trans have added them without any problems. The large Kury boards are adjustable so can be mounted further back to clear the shifter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a manual 700n, and I absolutely love my kuryakin floorboards. The shoes I primarily wear when I ride fit right under the shifter. I did adjust the lever up about a quarter inch a few weeks ago when I got an extra pair of shoes that I also wear. My feet have three different positions on the boards. Very comfortable and stable. Highly recommend you get a set.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info! I have been wanting a set, but did not know if they would work well with a shifter. Gotta order me some now.

·
Banned
1,571 Posts
I have a manual 700n, and I absolutely love my kuryakin floorboards. The shoes I primarily wear when I ride fit right under the shifter. I did adjust the lever up about a quarter inch a few weeks ago when I got an extra pair of shoes that I also wear. My feet have three different positions on the boards. Very comfortable and stable. Highly recommend you get a set.
nice!
any info on model number, source, and mounting methods?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have kuriyakin large floor boards and really like them. It allows me to shift leg position like highway pegs. They are adjustable on angle and forward/backward movement. Brake lever & shifter lever also have adjustability.

·
Banned
1,571 Posts

·
Banned
1,571 Posts
I feel your pain, ofdave. This forum is costing me a fortune!
let's see,
Windshield soon, then boards, already put on extra brake lights w/modulator,next-front driving lights-ready for install when time allows.
I say no bags put am waffling on that.
I look at my redhead and see dollars signs!
better than wasting it on wine & women (well wine anyway)
oh, well, you can't take it with you

Reactions: CTX-ER

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
There may be an issue installing the Kuryakyn boards to the CTX. The necessary 8815 spline adapters are no longer listed on the Kury web site and the Honda reference does not allow selection when ordering. Some of you considering this mod may want to email Kuryakyn to ensure the necessary adaptors are available,

·
Banned
1,571 Posts
There may be an issue installing the Kuryakyn boards to the CTX. The necessary 8815 spline adapters are no longer listed on the Kury web site and the Honda reference does not allow selection when ordering. Some of you considering this mod may want to email Kuryakyn to ensure the necessary adaptors are available,
just got a pair
ebay has 2 listings for them
Kuryakyn 8815 Splined Adapter Mounts for Metric Cruiser | eBay
and
Kuryakyn Splined Front Floor Board Adapters Honda VTX1300 1800 Sabre | eBay

1st seller is down to 2 or 3

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I wonder if the NM4 (Vultus) floorboards would swap on to the CTX700. They're the same platform, and both Honda... Hmm...

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I wonder if the NM4 (Vultus) floorboards would swap on to the CTX700. They're the same platform, and both Honda... Hmm...
No. Not unless your willing to cannibalize the existing mounts and fabricate new ones using the NM4 mounting brackets. I did this using DN-01 floor boards. Considered the NM4 boards but the DN-01's were a better match. If your interested, I have pics and the fabrication up on the forum.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
No. Not unless your willing to cannibalize the existing mounts and fabricate new ones using the NM4 mounting brackets. I did this using DN-01 floor boards. Considered the NM4 boards but the DN-01's were a better match. If your interested, I have pics and the fabrication up on the forum.
Yeah, I saw your efforts, and they were awesome! I was just wondering if the NM4 - being much closer in chassis to the CTX/NC series than the DN-01 - would use the same pegs/attachments. Too bad... :(

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
The NM4 uses a completely different lower sub bracket structure to attach the floorboards too and the Tupperware is different. People keep referring to the NM4 as part of the CTX family but its not.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello..just wondering is it easy to adjust the shifter lever up ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts