CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i’m frustrated with the FOBO 2 usual Manuel . I added metal stems to my tire, inflated tires to 36 and 42. Well I tried at a gas station, wasn’t easy because air nozzle didn’t fit properly and unlike the previous rubber stems the metal ones had no give to fix angle. Side rant here…. Why do gas stat have the angle they do on nozzles ugh! Anyways back to my possible stupid/easy/silly question. The rear tire ended up being low 40psi. I need to add 2 more pounds of pressure to get to 42. If I take off fobo 2 air cap I imagine it will sound alarm on the app/phone? I didn’t see anything in the Fobo 2 about how to add air or remove air as to not activate emergency alarm? I did see disable/release/and rotate options . Do I select one of those? I don’t want to take cap off just to add air and then have to re pair sensor with my phone ect. What am I missing? If I simply take off sensor and add air, just let alarm on phone/app go crazy beeping? After an emergency alarm goes off, air is added, and sensor is replaced ,will alarm automatically go off? What am I missing. I wish Manuel was more clear, maybe a section adding/releasing air option and sensor steps. Thanks, wanted to go to gas station today and add air, dreading nozzle fight. I have an air compressor but it’s in storage during my temporary housing arrangement or adding air would be easy with the nozzle attachment I currently have which is a simple half dome nozzle . Before 90 degree angles are Brought up note I went with straight because others said the tpms sensors could get knocked off or damaged using the 90 degree stems. Oops rambling here again on a second problem. Are the attachments I can Carry on my bike to temporary create a 90 degree angle to bike will? Put it on…. Add air….. take it off …. Put Fobo 2 sensor back on? Went to 3 gas stations before a found a nozzle that fit on a pay for air machine. Oops rambling again…. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
316 Posts
It’s all good, you can calm down and stop worrying. :cool: .

The sensors stay paired even if they’re off the bike.

The alarm isn’t a crazy car alarm situation, it’s not alerting everyone around you with loud annoying beeps and sirens. It’s also not a constant alarm, it just alerts you with a message and does a beep and that’s about it. Depending on how you have your notifications set, I suppose, also.

Putting the caps back on properly inflated tires DOES cancel the alarm.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Possibly one easy solution is to turn your phone off while you service or add air and once you screw the sensor back on the stem turn your phone back on. This way you don’t have to monkey with any settings. Theoretically the phone is not communicating vie Bluetooth with the sensors while it is off. When you turn the phone on and access the APP it reestablishes communication and all is good.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
316 Posts
Possibly one easy solution is to turn your phone off while you service or add air and once you screw the sensor back on the stem turn your phone back on. This way you don’t have to monkey with any settings. Theoretically the phone is not communicating vie Bluetooth with the sensors while it is off. When you turn the phone on and access the APP it reestablishes communication and all is good.
Or just turn off Bluetooth, not the whole phone…

But the low-pressure alerts aren’t loud and annoying and ongoing. You can literally just swipe it away.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome , thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions. This community is great!

·
Registered
54 Posts
You do know those air pressure values are for max air pressure carrying max load, dont you....40lb PSI in the rear is plenty of air unless you are carrying a total of 400lb (rider, pillion, luggage, etc.. it may be 388lbs)...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I would like to set air pressure and leave it. Typically I ride about 50 percent of the time with a passenger. I have oem side bags and a givi top case that fits 2 helmets. I’m around 185 and wife is around 155. What psi would all recommend?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts