CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Space Coast to St. Cloud. This how I spend my days off.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the slip streamer for the CTX700n. I place it that high to shield chest and head. I'm 68" tall with 32" inseam. this set up works best.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone suggest a nice bike route in central Florida? I'm planning to ride the Ozello trail.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Although maybe not considered central Florida from where I live and I think Bob Witte will attest just 37 mi south of the Ozello trail coming up from the south I take the Old Dixie hwy from Sea Ranch Dr in Hudson and hug the coast up through Aripeka to Pine Island Beach Park. The ride up Cortez Blvd to Pine Island drive up past the Bayport Inn is spectacular. You can go on Google maps, put the little guy “browse street view images” on the road and see what I mean but it doesn’t do the view justice as it does in person. The Ozello trail will tempt you to seriously drag the floor boards if you have trouble reading the speed limit signs like I do. Enjoy the ride!!!;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the information, dgall. I will plot the navigation route and give it a whirl.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Thank you for the information, dgall. I will plot the navigation route and give it a whirl.
Let me know when you are coming and maybe we can meet up so I can go part of the way with you. :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would be glade to meet you all in Hudson before the rainy season on the weekend. I am not retired and can barely find time to go for a ride on my schedule. Will definitely give you all a heads up if I am headed up that way.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I"m in if you set something up. Well, hopefully. All the effort paid off and our home sold in 5 hours. Back to spending way too much time on two wheels! Nothing to do until our new home is finished.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the comradery gentlemen. I plan to ride from Orlando to the Ozello Trail on March 21 in celebration of my birthday. I'm considering the Hudson route but I haven't looked at the map yet. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked at the route suggested from Hudson FL to Pine Island and it looks nice. I plan to ride from Orlando to the Ozello trail and eat at Peck's Old Port Cove, then ride to Pine Island beach Park and down Old Dixie hwy to Hudson Ave. From there to Orlando. If anyone would like to join in, let me know where you would like to meet along the rout.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
I looked at the route suggested from Hudson FL to Pine Island and it looks nice. I plan to ride from Orlando to the Ozello trail and eat at Peck's Old Port Cove, then ride to Pine Island beach Park and down Old Dixie hwy to Hudson Ave. From there to Orlando. If anyone would like to join in, let me know where you would like to meet along the rout.
I'll meet up with you, weather permitting and assuming I'm still alive at 75+ years of age, what with the FNI (Fake News Industry) would have me laid out at Death's Door before then.

So, what's your timing and what is your route up to where Ozello branches off of US19? Do I assume correctly that you'll be coming west via State Route 50? Then heading north on US19? If so, I can meet up with you in Brooksville.
:nerd:

·
Registered
713 Posts
I, uh, guess I'm a little new to all this, started riding in 2016.

I do know a multitude of people say the Sturgis rally is at Sturgis because you can't go in any direction from there without taking a great riding road. Many also say to go there when the crowd is not there to distract from the great riding.

So, , is Daytona Bike week not in Florida? Or not for the same reason?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was going to Ozello then down to Hudson but as I noticed most people willing to join are closer to Hudson. I can go there from Orlando through Hwy 50 and meet at the Walgreens on US-19 and Hudson Ave, or we can meet in brooksville at the Wawa on Cortez Blvd and Broad st. I plan to leave Orlando at 8am, I would arrive at the Wawa at around 9:30am.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
I was going to Ozello then down to Hudson but as I noticed most people willing to join are closer to Hudson. I can go there from Orlando through Hwy 50 and meet at the Walgreens on US-19 and Hudson Ave, or we can meet in brooksville at the Wawa on Cortez Blvd and Broad st. I plan to leave Orlando at 8am, I would arrive at the Wawa at around 9:30am.
Okay, I'll plan on the WaWa location to maximize our time together while you are over here. You can't miss me -- a formerly thin, used to be young, now overweight with white hair with a blue metal flaked CTX trike, and unless I forget it sporting a black & gold nametag that says "Bob."
:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep. I have seen the photos of your trike. Can’t wait to see it in person. I’ll see you on March 21st God willing. Thanks for meeting with me.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
The pause that refreshes!

Yep. I have seen the photos of your trike. Can’t wait to see it in person. I’ll see you on March 21st God willing. Thanks for meeting with me.
The pleasure is all mine (I don't get to ride nearly enough and at 75.7 years old, I'm running out of time!!). If you like, you are welcome to meet here at my house (2.5 miles due east of the Walgreens, just off of Hudson Road itself). I'll PM you the address so you can check it on the maps and decide.

If you come here, you can take a short pause, use the potty, check out my waterfall & Koi pond, have a relaxing cup of fresh coffee and I can even arrange a snack to go with it. Just ask and ye shall receive.
:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would love to join you except I have a 21st conflict. Could do 22nd, but that’s not your birthday! But I could buy you lunch! I’m in Apopka. Close to you I’m sure. Just got my 2014 CTX700 three weeks ago. Let me know next time.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I can meet you at the Shell station between 301 and 50 in Ridge Manor, then we can ride over to meet up with Bob if you want. (Or if this is a private, old guy, party then maybe some other time!)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts