CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late Christmas present to myself. My little box from FortNine arrived with my new Kuryakin boards (that everyone seems to be raving about) arrived, just a few days after I got my new Fiamm Freeway blaster horn. Once the snow melts and it gets warmer (forget the Earth Pigs, we are going to have an early spring: only 17 cm of snow so far, and no snow on the horizon for at least a week), and my bike is out of the shed will get these installed along with my Dinali LED lights which will be attached to my very sturdy fork attachments. I'm anticipating a good long season of riding.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Phil,you will enjoy the boards. It may take a few rides to get them where you want them. They have a lot of adjustments to them. When I got the scout, I stole the boards off the honda and then just ordered new fitments for the scout. We have about a foot of snow here but it has been a pretty nice winter and not real cold. With all these lockdown rules which I believe will be with us until spring at least it was getting boring . I can't imagine what some folks that have nothing to do put their time in doing. I had a bunch of projects to do in my shop and garage but now have them all caught up. I decided that maybe it is time to freshen up the house. Decided to remove most of the rooms of wallpaper since my wife isn't here to boss me around. She loves wallpaper. I started looking for new window coverings and paint, but run into a snag. Most places here won't let you enter the store to see what they have to offer. I like to put my hands on things instead of looking at pictures. Finally found a place that I could look at paint colors and another place that let me into their showroom to look at blinds and such. Geared up with mask and gloves I found what I was looking for. I started stripping wallpaper yesterday. I had a few words about the guy who put it on. That was me. If I knew it was this hard to get off I would have bought cheaper paper with less glue backing. Was working at it today and finally got the first room stripped. Then I had a brain wave. If I work too hard at it I will run out of something to do before spring. I decided to pace myself so turned to the forum and have been reading and responding for a few hours now. I realised how far behind I am on my reading. Good to hear all the familiar character's view points. Makes life interesting getting another's view point. I makes one stop and think. Have a happy and safe new year. My wife is fine in thd nursing home and is healthy. PS I may not tell her about the wallpaper. One of the kids will probably spill the beans at some point.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Late Christmas present to myself. My little box from FortNine arrived with my new Kuryakin boards (that everyone seems to be raving about) arrived, just a few days after I got my new Fiamm Freeway blaster horn. Once the snow melts and it gets warmer (forget the Earth Pigs, we are going to have an early spring: only 17 cm of snow so far, and no snow on the horizon for at least a week), and my bike is out of the shed will get these installed along with my Dinali LED lights which will be attached to my very sturdy fork attachments. I'm anticipating a good long season of riding.
I think you will like the floorboards. It took me about two days to get used to them and now I would never go back to pegs.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I think you will like the floorboards. It took me about two days to get used to them and now I would never go back to pegs.

My original msg from waaay back in the day...

#35 Jan 16, 2017

OK just finished with my floorboards...and by the book with some additional engineering..
I bought the exact same bolts in SS but 1/4 inch longer...and added a larger flat washer as well as a split lock washer
Hate to see those things come off going down the highway sometime at night...LOL
I also bought the angle meter from Home Depot as well as downloaded the cell app for angles...
Funny thing is when they were perfect for me...the Home Depot angle meter showed about 19 degrees and the cell app showed 21.3
Doesn't matter as long as it fits perfect for my height and riding style...
And I used the top row last hole on the right....
At the angle I wanted the brake pedal is right above the floorboard...I do not under any circumstances want my toe up under that
brake pedal and get stuck between the brake pedal and floorboard....

Oh and the springs were no problem at all since you all made a big fuss about them...I just put a screw driver up thru the spring and spline to aline and then drove the peg back down from the top as I pulled down and out the screw driver...worked perfectly first time.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phil,you will enjoy the boards. It may take a few rides to get them where you want them. .....

Decided to remove most of the rooms of wallpaper since my wife isn't here to boss me around. She loves wallpaper. I started looking for new window coverings and paint, but run into a snag. Most places here won't let you enter the store to see what they have to offer. I like to put my hands on things instead of looking at pictures. Finally found a place that I could look at paint colors and another place that let me into their showroom to look at blinds and such. Geared up with mask and gloves I found what I was looking for. I started stripping wallpaper yesterday. I had a few words about the guy who put it on. That was me. ...

Good to hear all the familiar character's view points. Makes life interesting getting another's view point. I makes one stop and think. Have a happy and safe new year. My wife is fine in thd nursing home and is healthy. PS I may not tell her about the wallpaper. One of the kids will probably spill the beans at some point.
Thanks TIP. by the way, if you are heading east, let me know as I have a spare bedroom where you could crash en route if wanted..

Wallpaper was the one thing I would not do.. no sir, no chance. I will try to find some videos on YOutube recently about an Ottawa dude with some great tips for paining and other related activites. Stay sane, if possible.

Glad to hear you wife is still safe. My mom is having a hard time with the confinement to her room. first resident has now come down with covid and 6 staff. By the way, I had an interesting encounter with "visiting dentists" and the "service they provide (or not). send me a PM and I can give you an update.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dave. It was people like you and TIP, and others, who noted the advantages that convinced me to give then a short. Will let you know if I can handle the spring and actually get them installing in less that a day.😃
I think it was Jim Carrey who was in a movie (The Yes Man?) where he couldn't say no. I am trying to keep open to new ideas, even though jumping out of a perfectly functioning airplane will not be on my list, nor would bungee jumping (although it can be great. people should check out videos of The Mercer Report where Rick Mercer goes bungey jumping with Rick Hanson, the Man in Motion about which the theme song from ST Elmo's fire was written... talk about an impressive individual!
).

·
Registered
269 Posts
"I can't feel my legs!" :LOL:

I never heard of Rick Hansen before. Great video!
I'll stick to fishing.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"I can't feel my legs!" :LOL:

I never heard of Rick Hansen before. Great video!
I'll stick to fishing.
He did a round the world, 40,000 km tour by wheelchair. Paralympic athlete and one of the torch bearers at the 1988 Calgary and 2010 Vancouver winter olympic games. Incredible person. Obviously great sense of humour. You should see what Rick Mercer does with politicians, pretty well all of them lining up to get on his (now defunct) show. Speaking of fishing, here is the clip of Bob Rae, former leader of federal Liberals, and provincial NDP including Premier of Ontario.
not a typical ending for a politician....
currently ambassador and permanent representative of Canada at the UN

still stick with fishing?

·
Registered
269 Posts
He did a round the world, 40,000 km tour by wheelchair. Paralympic athlete and one of the torch bearers at the 1988 Calgary and 2010 Vancouver winter olympic games. Incredible person. Obviously great sense of humour. You should see what Rick Mercer does with politicians, pretty well all of them lining up to get on his (now defunct) show. Speaking of fishing, here is the clip of Bob Rae, former leader of federal Liberals, and provincial NDP including Premier of Ontario.
not a typical ending for a politician....
currently ambassador and permanent representative of Canada at the UN

still stick with fishing?
I fish alone. And Bob Rae doesn't fish. He doesn't even know how to hold a spinning rod. He seems like a likable guy though.

Reactions: Vulcan Mediator

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, you are funny.... My bike is in the shed as the cool air and snow gently fall around it. Alas, the shed is only 12 x 8 and my buddy's bike and a whole bunch of other stuff in there too, so no room to work. I expect as the snow begins to melt in March and I get my bike out, will install them as I wait for the salt to get washed off the roads and the street sweepers to clear all the sand and grit. I'm rereading all the old threads, and will be very careful about those wonderful springs... will keep you posted when I get to it. I did go skiing to day and get 17 runs in. Very covid careful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts