CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great review except for the fact the he kept saying that it's a bad thing for newbies to not learn how to shift. Why do they need to learn how to shift? Most cage drivers don't know how to drive a car with manual transmission. Even those of us who know how to shift may not want to. I hate shifting. I feel it takes the fun out of riding. Also, I don't care if I can't rev the engine at someone.

Other than his opinion about shifting, I like this review.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had to laugh at his review of the seat because his impressions mirror mine. The seat feels terrific and really comfy.....for about 30 minutes. Then my tailbone feels like it is sitting directly on the frame. Everything else about the bike is golden though and it is a lot of fun.

·
Registered
329 Posts
This month Roadrunner magazine did an excellent review of CTX700. Very positive, and not a lot of "OK for beginners" language. A balanced review

I really enjoyed the CTX700 review: I give it a 9 out of 10!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good review

That guy is funny and gives a good entertaining review. He hit all the high points and pointed out things that I have noticed in 1100 miles I have put on mine. The seat is initially comfortable but after 30 mins, not so much. I hope the Corbin seat is better, that is my next upgrade. I need bags but will not pay what Honda wants for theirs. Anyone have any suggestions? Despite what some "industry experts say about this bike, it grows on you quickly. I have ridden numerous bikes in the almost 30 years I've had my license and this is my 2nd favorite. 85 honda magna was #1. I like my ctx and will keep it. Thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts