CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I wanted to say hi because I just purchased a 2014 Honda CTX 700 DCT with 7500 miles. Glad to be part the forums. Dealership added T-REX Centerstand, T-REX Crashbars, New tires, and Oil.

Anything else I need to look at? I am getting it next week.

I already bought SH36 Saddle bags and mounting kit.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome. Access to the service manual is essential to have when owning the DCT. You can access it online or search this forum for the link to download it as a PDF. You can also download the owner’s manual as a PDF and put it on your phone for easy access from the Honda website under downloads. The faired models are under touring and the N model is under cruiser but I think the manuals are the same and cover both models in it. Read through it a few times to understand how to operate the transmission before you get the bike. Best advice not stressed enough in the manual is always putting the bike in neutral before shutting bike off and rocking the bike back and forth if you shut it off in gear and cant get it to go back to neutral. It’s all in the owner’s manual.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1299001/Honda-Ctx700n-Nd.html
https://powersports.honda.com/downloads/owners-manuals

·
Registered
389 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Welcome aboard.
I have quite a few accessories on our bike.
you might consider a taller windshield. I think you have the CTX700 with fairing.
I have the Puig windshield on mine. I got the Honda centerstand a while back, but i also have the T-Rex crash bars. T-Rex is a real quality manufacturer. and all the posts about their new centerstand are positive.
You show that you road a Burgmann. So this is your first real MoTo! Great.
You will come accustomed to the seating and position right away.
I got my first bike in 1972 and have never been without one. When i got my first CTX700 the seating and foot position took a little getting used to, but i am a full on lover now.
My wife and i ride two up often. so I added a box with backrest, and a few lights on the back.
Ride it for a while before you add anything else. You are off to a really good start.
Again, welcome aboard, and keep the rubber side Down!
Ross

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I will definitely post pictures once I pick up the bike next week!

·
Registered
160 Posts
welcome aboard! Ditto on advice about shutting her down in neutral just like a car-also if this is your first time transitioning from scooter to bike practice feathering with the foot brake at low speeds to get a better handle...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the ctx700 family. I purchased my 2014ctx dct about 6 months ago with about 7500 miles on it. I have really enjoyed the dct. I second that about waiting before adding any accessories so you can get use to the bike. Now that I have ridden mine for a while, I am definitely looking into getting a Puig taller windshield. Enjoy your new ride and be safe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome

A definite yes on the taller windshield. I have the Puig and its nice, and easy to install. There's a few YouTube videos that are helpful. I installed the 46L Shad top case which is great because it holds two, full-face helmets. If you do this be sure to get the mounting plate for the CTX. Lastly, I purchased a Corbin seat and backrest which really helps my funky back and sitting bones, especially on longer rides. The 2014 OEM seat is OK but the Corbin was definitely worth the money. By the way, there was some discussion on this forum that the Corbin seat pan needed to be modified (shaped) in order to fit between the Shad brackets. It does not.

I too have a 2014 CTX DCT and I love it. Good luck!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hello,

I wanted to say hi because I just purchased a 2014 Honda CTX 700 DCT with 7500 miles. Glad to be part the forums. Dealership added T-REX Centerstand, T-REX Crashbars, New tires, and Oil.

Welcome and lots of luck with it....I think you are going to love it....post a photo I'd like to see the T-Rex crash bars

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Just saw Fehlings on e-bay for $120-maybe in the springtime...
If that's for a genuine Fehling from a private seller, then buy them now. However, if it is one of the many Chinese knock off's be advised and be warned. I have had both the top quality German product, and suffered thru a set of the Chinese junk. I discussed my miseries at length in my Trike Thread, I think it was Sept of 2018 or there abouts. Check it out before you buy from any of them.
:nerd:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hello,

Enjoy your ride, I know I do mine >:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update:
- Apparently the motorcycle dealership failed to mention me that the front fairings bracket is broken so the front fearing is not straight and flushed. They are going to fix it with new parts, but won't be able to pick it up for three weeks because I will be traveling.

Also I decided to wrap the nose cone and the rear left and right rear fairings yellow. Red and Yellow color scheme.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts