CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jimmy Hammond’s video posts have inspired me to figure out how to do video editing and post on YouTube. Attached are my first attempts. Videos were taken with an older model $110.00 Sena Prism PT10-01 tube camera with the wired mike tucked inside a Shoei GT Air. I used VSDC free video editor to convert the .MOV files to MPEG4. The quality of the videos aren’t close to how the originals looked before the upload, I will have to work on that. I highly recommend putting a camera some ware on your bike. You can get Go Pro like cameras for around $50.00 these days and the videos will be priceless when viewing years from now or for getting the description and license plate number of the moron who ran you off the road.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Jimmy Hammond’s video posts have inspired me to figure out how to do video editing and post on YouTube. Attached are my first attempts. Videos were taken with an older model $110.00 Sena Prism PT10-01 tube camera with the wired mike tucked inside a Shoei GT Air. I used VSDC free video editor to convert the .MOV files to MPEG4. The quality of the videos aren’t close to how the originals looked before the upload, I will have to work on that. I highly recommend putting a camera some ware on your bike. You can get Go Pro like cameras for around $50.00 these days and the videos will be priceless when viewing years from now or for getting the description and license plate number of the moron who ran you off the road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-NVnKNTiTE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWFSpRoNuj8
I grew up in Clearwater, moving there in 1956 when I was a kid. That was long, long before it got invaded and ruined. Your stuff was nicely done, but yeah, the camera really needs to be on the bike itself. Quality isn't bad at all! Santa gave me a dual camera set-up I haven't even really looked at very close -- been too busy at work for weeks & weeks with no relief in sight.
:(

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks pretty good to me!

Just wondering....../camera on the helmet or on the bike? Pro’s n cons?
Pros of the helmet cam is it follows your line of site. Your able to capture everything you are looking at from your perspective. I have a video of a car right beside me swerving into my lane and almost taking me out. If the camera was locked down pointed forward I would have not captured the event if I wasn’t able to turn my head right and capture it. Its also great when crossing bridges with panoramic views. I can move my head around to capture it all instead of just the road in front of me. Cons are I have been riding in sometimes heavy beach traffic for the last 25 years and have a natural habit of constantly moving my head around, checking my mirrors and looking out for pedestrian’s. I did not realize I did this so much until after I got the camera. Some states don’t allow helmet cams. There are videos on Youtube of bikers being harassed by law enforcement. Some use the excuse “ you cant alter your helmet”. My camera weighs practically nothing and is clamped on to the bottom rim not altering the structure of the helmet at all.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I don't think it was the shirt. The driver is an idiot who has no idea to drive. Your video show clearly that there are 2 lanes going in your direction with you in the right hand lane. The idiot who pulled in front of you should have turned into the first lane, ie the one to the left of you.

There is a singer from Ottawa named Bruce Cockburn. he has a song called If I had a rocket launcer.. one reply is ' some son of a bitch would die"...

seems applicable here. Any rocket launcers as accessories for the CTX?

·
Registered
218 Posts
jimmy hammond’s video posts have inspired me to figure out how to do video editing and post on youtube. Attached are my first attempts. Videos were taken with an older model $110.00 sena prism pt10-01 tube camera with the wired mike tucked inside a shoei gt air. I used vsdc free video editor to convert the .mov files to mpeg4. The quality of the videos aren’t close to how the originals looked before the upload, i will have to work on that. I highly recommend putting a camera some ware on your bike. You can get go pro like cameras for around $50.00 these days and the videos will be priceless when viewing years from now or for getting the description and license plate number of the moron who ran you off the road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-nvnkntite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwfspronuj8
great video....i'm inspired now to buy a camera and do one myself...thanks

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
i bought a GP Hero7 black last year, and a Hero 8 this year. Mounting the Hero 8 on my helmet, and the 7 on a bar mount. Having the helmet mount allows the viewer to see everything as you see it. So, If I turn my head to look at something that's what the 8 will capture, while the 7 will capture everything in front of me at the same time. I also have a mount below the rear view mirror in my car for when I take interesting drives, and my "co-pilot" can record the side views using a gimbal mount on the other cam. It takes a while to learn to use these cameras, and even longer to learn how to edit. I haven't been happy with the road trips I've filmed, but as the old saying goes, "practice makes perfect", so I keep filming and editing. Maybe one day, they'll be good enough to post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts